- Website doesn't work from desktop? by Dark_Ansem at 2:08 PM EDT on July 22, 2021
- I'm writing this from my mobile sorry.
From my desktop, the website has suddenly become completely unusable. I can't login, I can't go to other pages when looking for bgm Download, and I can't even login in the forum. Could anyone help?
- by hcs at 2:38 PM EDT on July 22, 2021
- What browser are you using? Do you get any error messages?
For what it's worth, you do not need to log in to use the forum, you can just enter your user name and password when posting.
Also, note that you can only log in from one browser at a time, that will log out the other one, because I am not good at this.
edit: testing login
edited 2:39 PM EDT July 22, 2021
You should also check for errors on the browser console, on Firefox type Ctrl-Shift-K, on Chrome Ctrl-Shift-J, on Edge F12.
edited 2:52 PM EDT July 22, 2021
- by Dark_Ansem at 7:58 PM EDT on July 22, 2021
- I'm using chrome and Bitdefender antivirus.
No errors at all, just unresponsiveness!
- by hcs at 9:31 PM EDT on July 22, 2021
- by Dark_Ansem at 1:34 AM EDT on July 23, 2021
- Yes there is but it worked fine until now. I can also say that I updated Java recently, could that be the issue?
- by hcs at 2:31 PM EDT on July 23, 2021
- > Yes there is but it worked fine until now.
Nothing has changed on this end, and the only weird thing I've heard about your client is Bitdefender, so that's where I'd look for debugging.
Admittedly I don't understand enough about the "unresponsiveness" you're encountering, could just be network issues.
The Let's Encrypt HTTPS certificate automatically updated July 11, but if Bitdefender was having trouble with new Let's Encrypt certs you'd be having a lot wider trouble.
> I can also say that I updated Java recently, could that be the issue?
I don't think so, unless Bitdefender happens to run on Java?
- by Dark_Ansem at 5:24 PM EDT on July 23, 2021
- Maybe is it an IP issue?
This is what clicking on the login link in the forum prompts:
Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
forum.php:1 Error handling response: TypeError: Cannot destructure property 'yt' of 'undefined' as it is undefined.
26Refused to load the font '<URL>' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "default-src 'none'". Note that 'font-src' was not explicitly set, so 'default-src' is used as a fallback.
forum.php:1 Refused to load the stylesheet 'https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Montserrat:wght@600&family=Roboto:wght@400;500;700&display=swap' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "style-src 'self'". Note that 'style-src-elem' was not explicitly set, so 'style-src' is used as a fallback.
On the vgm.hc64.com no error appears, but no action is performed whenever I click on any button except "forum" "contribute" or "hcs" which do lead to the corresponding page.
- by hcs at 7:28 PM EDT on July 23, 2021
- cmedhionkhpnakcndndgjdbohmhepckk is something called "AdBlock for YouTube", I don't know why it's trying to inject itself onto this page. Try disabling that extension?
As for the stylesheet, that's also being injected from somewhere.
I don't know if these would prevent the page from loading, maybe? Or maybe another one of your extensions? Try in an incognito window, though I don't know if that will disable all extensions.
I don't know what the deal is with vgm.hcs64.com, I don't run that, but it may be something similar.
- by Dark_Ansem at 12:46 PM EDT on July 24, 2021
- One thing: would .Net 5 framework installatikn be a possibility for those interferences?
It's also crazy i can't log from my desktop because it says "user lookup failed" or something.
- by hcs at 2:06 PM EDT on July 24, 2021
- No, .net shouldn't be involved.
Did you try disabling extensions? Or incognito mode?
I overlooked these two errors earlier, you browser is doing something really weird:
> Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
No idea where this comes from.
> forum.php:1 Error handling response: TypeError: Cannot destructure property 'yt' of 'undefined' as it is undefined.
It looks like something in your browser is sending a YouTube cookie to the forum somehow, that's the only "yt" I can think of, which causes the forum script to crash (somehow) and return junk to this extension (which again shouldn't be messing with the forum at all).
edited 2:10 PM EDT July 24, 2021
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software