- Getting music from WarioWare: Smooth Moves (Wii) by jb2021 at 11:21 PM EDT on August 18, 2021
- I'm trying to rip the music from WarioWare: Smooth Moves, but there are two files in the "Sound" folder both named "sound_data_jp". One is a ".brsar" file, and the other is a ".rsid" file. Which one has the music?
- Re: by jurassicPieter at 10:19 AM EDT on September 12, 2021
- Many Wii games store their (sequenced) songs in the brsar. There is a build of vgmtrans that can extract them as midi+dls/sf2, but since midi is limited to 16 channels and some sequenced songs have more channels the quality could differ.
The brsar contains the song and the rsid contains some metadata that is not in the brsar (I think reverb settings, etc.)
The only way to play a brsar accurately is with the sound player taken from the leaked SDK that you can use with some trickery in older builds of the Dolphin emulator. Wario Ware Smooth Moves has been recorded before like this, but the rip is hard to find. Ripping this game yourself is time consuming as it contains hundreds of small fanfares.
- by jb2021 at 6:42 AM EDT on September 13, 2021
- So, do you know where the build of vgmtrans that extracts them as midi+dls/sf2 is? I don't seem to remember which version has this feature.
edited 6:43 AM EDT September 13, 2021
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software