- Can't download any .7z files at all from Joshw by Jack Krowell at 11:43 AM EST on January 6, 2022
- Yeah so, I was going about trying to download a .7z file for game audio by, you know, clicking the 7z link for the game, yet nothing at all happened, no download what so ever.
Hell, this is the case for practically any, or perhaps all of the 7z download links on the Joshw website. At least for me in particular.
Can anybody at all help me out here, please?
- by hcs at 12:00 PM EST on January 6, 2022
- How are you getting these links, on the vgm.hcs64.com frontend, or through a directory listing? Can you view that directory listing at all? What browser are you using, could you try temporarily using a different one? Try temporarily disabling any browser extensions that might be blocking it, e.g. try turning off an ad blocker temporarily.
edited 12:39 PM EST January 6, 2022
I noticed that the links on the frontend use http. It's possible that your browser is blocking the http download link from an https site. You can try to get around this by copying the link and manually changing it to https, the servers do all support https now.
edited 12:47 PM EST January 6, 2022
- by MoldyPond at 12:44 PM EST on January 6, 2022
- I’ve noticed that when trying to download anything from https://vgm.hcs64.com/ using MS Edge, it will flag it as harmful and prevent the download. All you have to do is go to the downloads tab (Ctrl+J) and mark them as safe.
- by MusicMantis at 2:29 PM EST on January 6, 2022
- I've noticed something similar, in that files flagged as potentially harmful don't automatically download when they're clicked - I have to manually right click and save link as and then additionally mark the file as safe in the browser when the download commences.
It's been a problem for at least a month or two. I figured it was something on my end as it happened when I upped my security settings and forced HTTPS, and doing things this way still gets me the files.
- by Jack Krowell at 5:26 PM EST on January 6, 2022
- I fixed it, I 'manually' changed the http to https, and I got the 7z download.
- by bnnm at 8:05 AM EST on January 8, 2022
- You could try this alt frontend for the time being (still beta):
Since we can't fix anything in the current frontend I got fed up and made that, works slightly differently and I still need to tune some things.
- by hcs at 3:14 PM EST on January 8, 2022
- If you get it into a state you're happy with, I can change the DNS record or add a redirect.
edited 6:40 PM EST January 8, 2022
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software