- Software that can extract .PSS files by Jack Krowell at 3:00 PM EST on January 9, 2022
- Does anybody here know of any proper software that can extract .PSS files of a PS2 game?
I'm mostly trying to extract the audio sequence that play along side the video sequence within said .PSS file.
- by Nisto at 4:31 PM EST on January 9, 2022
- PSS Cutter or VGMToolbox, or a combination of these two usually works pretty well in my experience.
- by Jack Krowell at 4:53 PM EST on January 9, 2022
- That's great and all, but what steps do I need to follow to extract .PSS files with VGMToolbox exactly?
What 'Extraction Tools' do I use in VGMToolbox to do so?
- by JackTheRipper at 6:19 PM EST on January 9, 2022
- It starts with 000001BA4400040004 and it ends with 000001B9
- by Jack Krowell at 7:17 PM EST on January 9, 2022
- It worked, I've managed to extract the .PSS files into 2 streams.
One being .ss2, and the other one, well, it's some kind of 'Movie Clip' type of file, and I'm unable to play that movie clip file by double clicking on it.
- by Nisto at 4:33 PM EST on January 10, 2022
- In VGMToolbox go to VGMToolbox -> Misc. Tools -> Stream Tools -> Video Demultiplexer -> Format: PSS
Then drag-n-drop PSS files into the large empty area.
If that doesn't work directly on the original PSS file, try dropping in the 2 resulting PSS files you mentioned.
Note that PSS may sometimes have non-standard audio (e.g. Zone of the Enders), and worst case requires a specialized demuxer. It helps if we know the game.
edited 4:46 PM EST January 10, 2022
- by Jack Krowell at 2:01 AM EST on January 12, 2022
- The game is Twisted Metal: Black, and I merely wanted the audio file over the video file rather.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software