- Torus Games' .dat files by DarkSolidSnake at 5:02 PM EDT on June 6, 2022
- I just mentioned in the notes in Torus Games' 3DS games' soundtrack rips (rips by JackTheRipper) that the ripper just extracted the music from the game using quickbms and/or offzip
To clarify, i really wanted to rip the music from Barbie Dreamhouse Party (3DS) and i also want to do the same thing with Rise of the Guardians (Wii). So, i just went to looking in the files of Barbie Dreamhouse Party, and i have only packfile.dat and a bunch of .raw files in the sound folder. The only thing i can see a bunch of .hnk files are How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Wii/3DS). But at least i can extract the BCWAV file from Torus' 3DS games.
How can i extract the music from there? Are the .hnk files hidden inside the .dat file?
edited 5:03 PM EDT June 6, 2022
- by JackTheRipper at 2:42 AM EDT on July 26, 2022
- On 3DS, games like HTTYD2, Fireman Sam, Thomas, and Mike the Knight don't have a packfile.dat.
Wii might be the same as Wii U for example, ROTG, Croods, Penguins, HTTYD2, Monster High NGIS and Barbie games.
The packfile.dat have names encrypted happened with later games unlike Monster Jam which had names.
In Barbie Dreamhouse Party, there are some duplicate audio files.
The HNK file ID is [50020000/P...]
RAWI is little endian, happens on PC/3DS/DS.
IWAR is big endian, happens on Wii/U/PS3/360.
0x8 for samples, 0xC for sample rate, 0x10 for loop start, 0x14 for loop end, 0x38 for interleave.
The formats are encoded in DSP for 3DS/Wii/U, Big-Endian PCM for 360, PSX for PS2/3, MS-IMA for DS.
Look through a hex editor or use falling_skies.bms
edited 1:50 AM EDT July 27, 2022
- by DarkSolidSnake at 8:19 PM EDT on July 26, 2022
- Okay, but by the way, how can you decrypt the names of the .hnk files, and how can you know the names of the details,
Though on June, i was able to retrieve the header files used for the .txth file from one of your gamerips.
But now i can rip the music from Torus' console games! as long as sometimes i have to dig deep into the packfile.dat
EDIT: How did you know the names of the .HNK files in packfile.dat
EDIT 2: I went back to the ripping process and finished ripping the music from Barbie Dreamhouse Party (3DS). I'm planning to rip the Wii version of the same game.
edited 12:06 PM EDT July 27, 2022
- by DarkSolidSnake at 1:52 PM EDT on September 14, 2022
- Okay, JackTheRipper. To clarify, i tried an attempt to decrypt encryped names inside packfile.dat with falling_skies.bms with quickbms and got an error and i only had a chance to keep digging inside packfile.dat but can you tell me how proper extraction of packfile.dat (as well as filename decryption, do not post the decryption key unless permission from developers is granted) works? I think the engine that Torus' Wii/DS/3DS/PC/PS3 games are i guess SqueakSample. (SqueakStream is for .raw files)
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software