- What I'm including in my (re-)rips by Alpha23 at 7:44 AM EDT on June 19, 2022
- Hey folks!
I've recently started to check single platforms for gaps and updating existing rips.
Since the beginning I've included:
- !info.txt: basic info about the process, what's included, notes etc.
* every QuickBMS script I wrote/used
* sometimes an extractor
* config files (*.xml, *.cfg or similar) that contain info about the music
* the whole "nullified" game folders (i.e. a 7z file that includes the complete game files but substituted with zeros to compress it down to a few kbs)
Here's the script I wrote to nullify (just write to the disk root):
get SIZE asize
get NAME filename
get PATH filepath
putVarChr MEMORY_FILE SIZE 0
string NAME p "%s\%s" PATH NAME
log NAME 0 SIZE MEMORY_FILE
What do you think about this? I think it gives much more insight into the ripping process and might clear up some questions.
Especially interested in your thoughts about including the complete nullified game!
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software