- Psf ripping help! i looking for Squaresoft74... by sector_clear at 8:58 PM EDT on August 26, 2022
- Hello everyone! I love to greet guys who share the same tastes as me!
I go straight to the point...
I love to recreate music from videogames, and the other day I was able to recover the psf of my favorite game Gex 2 Enter the gecko, made by Squaresoft74
I got to have a lot of fun until I decided to do the same with its sequel Gex 3 deep cover gecko. I'll tell the truth, I didn't want to end up asking for things, I even downloaded the Psyq sdk to learn but I think my head doesn't work anymore.
that's why I dare to ask if you could help me with the task... rip gex 3 and create the psf!
- What's next? by sector_clear at 2:07 PM EDT on August 27, 2022
- Let me tell you how far I got...
From the notes I found in the previous rip, I know that the .snd files have a sequence and a .vh header .smp files contain the samples and the .vb body
I find these files in the bigfile.dat file of the Iso gex3. Use the soulspiral tool to extract them.
What follows is what I don't think I can do, debug the rom to get the driver, which by the way is a custom driver (only expert people could solve it)
Maybe some suggestion can guide me, I don't understand much about what to do now...
- by EHT_shiniori at 8:55 PM EDT on August 27, 2022
- in case you want an answer, i don't know what to do and i don't know how to help you with your psf ripping efforts.
i don't know how to reach out to Squaresoft74 so i can get this to his attention either.
so yeah you really have to wait for him to show up here or move on. you never knew what to do with those files anyway.
edited 8:55 PM EDT August 27, 2022
- by Squaresoft74 at 12:29 AM EDT on August 28, 2022
- How about this ? ;)
- Squaresoft74 appears! by sector_clear at 8:28 AM EDT on August 28, 2022
- There is no way I can thank you!
I believe that each person has a unique ability, and without that person, life would be very difficult for us...
Thank you for having learned to do this kind of thing!
It made me laugh the time that passed from shiniori's comment and suddenly you appear, and with the work finished! LOL
Excuse me, I'm going to have a good time with this :D
- by EHT_shiniori at 3:42 PM EDT on August 28, 2022
- by Squaresoft74 at 12:44 PM EDT on August 29, 2022
- Thanks for the kind words, have fun with the rip. :)
- by Eliskuya at 12:04 PM EDT on August 30, 2022
- Squaresoft74's skills are hardcore
- by slickm at 10:37 AM EDT on September 17, 2022
- Nice work, though unless I missed it, that rip doesn't contain the jingle when you lose a life, does it?
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software