- Tamarin Game Files by MoldyPond at 2:48 PM EDT on September 11, 2022
- Hello, I've been looking for the eventual upload of the music files from the indie game Tamarin on here for almost two years now but unforuntely they've never shown up. The last two people asking about this were back in 2020 and had mentioned that the filetypes were unidentifiable. I finally purchased and installed the game only to see that every single file in the install folder is just a string of numbers/letters with no filetype or extension of any sort. I myself have no idea how to go about ripping these and am hoping anyone else here could take a look at them. The whole folder size is 4.5GB but I am willingly to upload it for anyone who'd like to take a crack at it.
If it comes down to it I may end up offering a bounty as there are only two songs from the entire game posted on YouTube and almost no one knows this game exists, even though the music was done by David Wise.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!
(Side note: The OST is available on Steam, however you cannot purchase it separately; only as the Deluxe Edition, but I only bought the game itself therefore I'd have to buy the game twice over just for the soundtrack)
edited 2:49 PM EDT September 11, 2022
- by MoldyPond at 5:00 PM EDT on September 11, 2022
- Here is what I get when attempting to extract any file with quickBMS using the UE4 BMS script.
edited 5:01 PM EDT September 11, 2022
- by JackTheRipper at 6:05 PM EDT on September 11, 2022
- Seems to be Autodesk's Stingray?
edited 6:06 PM EDT September 11, 2022
- by MoldyPond at 11:12 PM EDT on September 13, 2022
- I looked it up and I'm not really getting any info on how to extract files from games with that engine unfortunately.
- by hcs at 12:30 AM EDT on September 14, 2022
- There are some tools here that you might try: Bitsquid / Stingray Engine thread on Zenhax. In particular bitsquid_timpani deals with unpacking audio.
There's a good chance that it won't work with your specific game, but that's where I'd start, assuming Jack is correct about Stingray.
- by MoldyPond at 12:56 AM EDT on September 15, 2022
- @hcs Thanks for the info :)
Unfortunately I ran all 76 files through each .exe and didn't get any music files. I did however at least extract "unreal_tournament_4.bms" (corrupted and doesn't load anything in foobar) as well as a "settings.ini" file which seems to be the game's default settings.
So it would seem @JackTheRipper is right, however I'd have no idea where to go from here. I can post a few of the raw files though if that'll help :)
- by tatotunes at 10:13 PM EDT on September 24, 2022
- Myself and a few others uploaded the music onto YouTube when the game first came out, but each and every one of us had takedown requests shortly afterward (which although fair and within their right to do, I feel only pushed the game further into obscurity).
Plus, I pre-ordered the game (standard edition WITHOUT ost included) with the intention of getting the soundtrack when it came out - come to find out, you can't buy it separately even if you OWN the game. I reached out to them with my issue and they told me to just "buy the game again". With that kind of customer service, it's obvious why their game did so poorly... and it's a shame, the music is really fantastic and some of Wise's best recent work in my opinion. The impression I get is a developer trying to take advantage of this to increase sales.
- by MoldyPond at 9:37 AM EDT on September 25, 2022
- @tatotunes Yep I’m stuck in the same situation as well and am not wanting to spend $50 to buy the game all over again just for an OST I haven’t even fully heard yet (as the game is about a 2/10 for me and should definitely not cost anything above $5 :( ).
- by hcs at 10:18 AM EDT on September 28, 2022
- I'm making some progress with this, there's just something weird about the wwise banks that prevents wwiser or vgmstream from working (once unbundled, it is indeed a version of Stingray, but the tools I've found don't handle it so I made a new one). I'll look at it again later but I might just have to extract the RIFFs and use a TXTP to join the intro a loop sections manually.
edited 10:19 AM EDT September 28, 2022
Raw banks and my sting07 tool here if anyone wants to investigate in the meantime.
edited 10:23 AM EDT September 28, 2022
- by MoldyPond at 12:37 AM EDT on October 1, 2022
- @hcs Man I can't thank you enough for taking the time to look into this, what do I owe you once all is said and done? :D
 (4 hours left)
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software