- Wild Riders (Naomi 2) music extraction by Ross_R at 10:45 PM EST on March 3, 2023
- Good time of the day to everyone.
I'm trying to extract music from Wild Riders here, and I'm pretty much stuck. I've checked the rom in hex a bit, and I've stumbled upon DTPK in it, so I've thought it is a DTPK file. The data didn't seem to correspond to the DTPK I know (the Shenmue one), but I've still gave it a try... and it didn't work. Either I'm doing something wrong, or the music is in a different kind of file.
Whatever it is, I do not see the way. Nothing else looks like a music file to my relatively unprofessional eye. I've tried to find some information about Naomi's ic file type in general, and it is the only place where I've found something related to my issue. However, most links are deleted and instructions seem specific to a particular game, so... here I am creating a separate thread for the game at hand.
Here's hoping for some help. Uploaded my rom here: https://dropmefiles.com/CKz0p
- by almendaz at 6:49 PM EST on March 5, 2023
- There is no file there.
- by Ross_R at 8:15 PM EST on March 5, 2023
- You mean, at the link I've posted? Weird, it works fine for me... Says 5 days left for the link to be up.
Whatever. Here's another one: https://send.vis.ee/download/1e1d104e8f0e9eb0/#FIl1Nu0hnf39MCTNvdeVrg
edited 8:17 PM EST March 5, 2023
- by almendaz at 9:23 PM EST on March 5, 2023
- Yeah you're right! Silly ISP url filtering.
Thanks for the alternative upload.
- by almendaz at 2:10 AM EST on March 6, 2023
- There is this DTPK format for music data (it mixes sequenced & streamed data).
Contains APDCM & PCM16LE-like stream data on glance; could also contain sequenced data.
First half (until @0x360740) looks like "instructions", then "program data".
More "program data".
.ic3, .ic4, .ic5
Seem to contain a different "program data".
.ic6, .ic7, .ic8
Seem like "graphics data".
@0x800000, data + "AM2/AICAsoundDrv000927/Ver1.78h": the "sound driver".
@0x810000, "DTPK", ADPCM almost entirely, SFX/VO maybe.
I tested ADPCM with "PCFX" txth, 1 ch, sample_rate = 15734.
@0x0, "DTPK", I tested with PCM16LE, 1 ch, sample_rate = 11000. 2 tracks it seems to have.
@ ~0x7FB60C: another different graphic or program data.
A hassle to extract, as I have not found bytes that serve as "TOC" or some index/list.
- by Ross_R at 9:05 AM EST on March 6, 2023
- No problems and thank you for looking into it.
So, it is DTPK after all... Shame Shenmue's DTPK is very different. I'm only really into it for the music, so I guess I should start with ic10's DTPKs then. Will try to extract them manually given the info you've provided once I'll have the time - and that might be just enough.
Will report once I'll get to it.
edited 9:06 AM EST March 6, 2023
- by Kirishima at 12:48 PM EST on March 8, 2023
- If this is that one motorcycle game someone asked about a year or two back, I remember taking a peek at it. The main ingame music was SPSD, like MVC2. I didn't bother looking at the dtpks because of python conflict issues that I was too stupid to figure out how to deal with at the time.
- by almendaz at 1:46 PM EST on March 8, 2023
- Can you figure it out now?
With eyes-only I cannot tell if that package has sequenced data, I only found streamed... or parts of stream maybe.
We should have a tool that, given as input any chunk of bytes (multiple of Sectors probably), determines statistically the Streamed format filetype/datatype that is most probable, and also output "data entropy" & other info that could serve as info for determining the next possible format.
- by Ross_R at 6:35 PM EST on March 8, 2023
- It is definitely a small motorcycle game, so perhaps it is the one, yes. MVC means Marvel vs. Capcom, right?
- by Kirishima at 6:38 PM EST on March 8, 2023
- I went ahead and did a test rip:
This is probably everything, sfx and voices included. If there's anything I missed, it's because I'm lazy and simply not smart enough (I'm no dev or programmer).
Link is temporary and will be gone before the end of the week.
The SPSD's are labeled test because I had to take a moment to figure out the file sizes. They're probably correct after a whole lot of checking, but someone's whose in the know about the format would have a better idea if they're correct or not.
edited 6:43 PM EST March 8, 2023
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software