- by Ross_R at 10:38 AM EDT on March 19, 2023
- Eh, I've missed the link, sorry. Life got its best of me, and so I've basically spent ten days without any access to tech.
If you could reupload that, I would've been very thankful.
- by Kirishima at 10:38 PM EDT on March 20, 2023
Again, link will be gone by the end of the week. This is my own rip, not the one currently on joshw which is only the music dsf's. This includes what is probably everything (streamed music, dsf music, and sfx).
- by Ross_R at 8:12 PM EDT on March 25, 2023
- Kirishima. First of all, thank you. Secondly, I'm terribly, terribly sorry, but can you re-upload it again? You know, last time. If I won't get it this time, I'll just give up on it.
If you will refuse, I will understand. I mean, I've missed it not one, but two times. No one to blame here but me.
I mean, it seems like I've missed it. It doesn't seem like the week has passed, but it looks like the file is deleted already.
edited 8:15 PM EDT March 25, 2023
edited 8:15 PM EDT March 25, 2023
- by Kirishima at 8:40 PM EDT on March 25, 2023
Get it today, get it now, I am not re-uploading after this. The link will be gone tonight by Midnight, Central US time.
If you still miss this link, you can get the dsf rip on joshw, and you can rip the streams yourself with these vgmtoolbox advanced cutter settings which is hopefully correct:
Search String = SPSD
Output file extension = .spsd
Cut Size Offset at = 0xC
and has size = 4
and stored in = Little Endian
Add extra bytes to cut size = 64
all other settings are left at default.
edited 8:47 PM EDT March 25, 2023
- by Ross_R at 8:45 PM EDT on March 25, 2023
- Thank you, Kirishima. I got the link.
Once again, uber sorry for missing both previous links. Seriously, I do not even have an excuse for missing it a second time. Darn shame on me.
Can I upload anything of that on YouTube? And if yes, should I mention you or this site?
edited 8:45 PM EDT March 25, 2023
- by Kirishima at 9:31 PM EDT on March 25, 2023
- You can do whatever you want with these since they were mostly ripped with pre existing tools. I don't really care for being credited, so you shouldn't bother.
- by hcs at 10:38 PM EDT on March 25, 2023
- For posterity, wilderidersrip.7z
- by Ross_R at 8:54 AM EDT on March 26, 2023
- I think I'll bother, since you've re-uploaded those files multiple times for me...
Either way, I've took a look at those SPSDs, and they are definitely just the thing I've been looking for. I'm not quite sure about the size as well, as I cannot find anything about SPSD structure in the web, but it looks like the size of the stream starts at hex 0C? If this is true, than the size of the first track is 3C5AC0 and the second is 40B540. And if that is correct, it would mean you've grabbed couple extra bytes.
Not that it matters though. I've did a very lazy extraction of the first SPSD by selecting everything from the first header to the end of the ic10 file (including the second track) and threw it into the hcs' VGMStream. The resulting wav file was exactly the same that I've got from your file. Which means VGMStream automatically reads the correct info from the header and cuts off the extra bytes.
Just some technical stuff, if anyone's interested.
And, once again, thanks to everyone for the help.
- by Kirishima at 11:06 AM EDT on March 26, 2023
- The extra bytes are probably because of the header which is 64 bytes long if I'm not mistaken. I did multiple rips and imported them into audacity to ensure I got all the audio when checking these.
- by Ross_R at 11:31 AM EDT on March 26, 2023
- True. I didn't think about the header. Sounds correct. At least everything checks out if you add 64 bytes to the original size, so I guess this is it and you rips are picture perfect.
edited 2:49 PM EDT March 26, 2023
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software