- PSF/PSF2 by ArcaneDimensions at 9:53 AM EDT on October 12, 2023
- Hi, I read a few forum posts about people playing PSF's on actual hardware. Those posts mentioned it offhandedly but caught my interest nonetheless. If anyone knows how to do this please let me know.
edited 9:54 AM EDT October 12, 2023
- by hcs at 1:07 PM EDT on October 12, 2023
- I'm not sure how but you ended up posting three copies of this. Not a big problem but I deleted the others for tidiness.
- by iopco772 at 5:11 PM EDT on October 18, 2023
- For PSFs just convert them back into an EXE file using xsf2bin on vgmtoolbox, then execute it on a ps1 using caetla or something.
If you wanna use cds you have to change the exe header's end range address to be the exact size of the file within 3 hex digits.
edited 5:28 PM EDT October 18, 2023
- by iopco772 at 5:25 PM EDT on October 18, 2023
- my (cringey ass) video demonstrating cd psf playback
Cringey ass video
- PSF/PSF2 by ArcaneDimensions at 9:08 PM EDT on October 18, 2023
- I meant playing them live, since they are sequenced music I want to play them as PSF/PSF2, I don't want to convert them to anything since all plug-ins aren't 100% accurate.
- by iopco772 at 12:53 AM EDT on October 19, 2023
- psf1s are just psx.exe files that contains the sequencer (driver) and music sequence that are zlib compressed. The ps1's cpu and ram might not be enough for decompressing psfs.
The drivers differ for every game.
psf2s are similar but its on a virtual file system
It might be possible to play psf/psf2s on a ps2 since it runs all on the iop (back compat cpu), but so far no one has made a program that can do that, probably cause' of the complexities involved.
edited 4:03 AM EDT October 19, 2023
- PSF/PSF2 by ArcaneDimensions at 1:04 AM EDT on October 19, 2023
- That's unfortunate there's no real solution to this, live playback with plu-ins is spotty at best and the only solution I can think is to rip sound like what FirebrandX did with the Silent Hill games.
edited 1:05 AM EDT October 19, 2023
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software