- Any way to chop off the intro from a minigsf file? by Curiouser at 3:26 AM EST on January 20, 2024
- One of the songs from DKC3 (15 Jungle Jitter) has an intro made up of jungle sounds that lasts for about 50 seconds. I've already made an MP3 without it, but I'd like very much to retime the minigsf so I can play it with the rest of the soundtrack. Any way to do this?
Thanks in advance!
- by SmartOne at 10:30 PM EST on January 23, 2024
- Like many ripped video game music file formats, GSF is a subset of the game ROM. Code + data. A contrasting example is the log format of VGM files. There's no general way to retime the beginning of a track, since playing back a GSF is physically running a subset of the game code.
You can hack how the sound engine of the file works so that it starts later in the sequence, but your solution won't be generally transferable.
- by Curiouser at 3:10 PM EST on January 26, 2024
- Hacking a sound engine sounds a little beyond me anyway, so I doubt a solution like that is in the cards. But thanks for replying!
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software