Previous Page | Next Page
- by fridgey at 2:46 PM EST on February 2, 2009
- Assuming that's the same mp3 copy I have, they're already v0... they sound as good as anything people get off of itunes in glorious 128kbps AAC, so I can't imagine ballooning the filesize with frequencies that have already been rolled off would improve them much, LAME shouldn't have had to cut much of anything out to fit v0's compression parameters. But whatever, it might be a slight bit better, and most people seem to get a psychological sound boost just because they're listening to something in a lossless format...
EDIT: As for the iTunes store, I don't keep up with it, but a quick look at the intro on their wiki page makes it sound like they're in the process of moving the whole thing over to unprotected 256kbps AAC, so perhaps hope for a better copy exists.
edited 2:52 PM EST February 2, 2009
- Request by Trish at 5:46 PM EST on February 2, 2009
- Pardon me, I have come in search of a particular OST, namely, "Sekaiju no MieQ 2 Sound Track Piano sketch version". I understand that this has been uploaded a number of pages back,
but the file appears to have being removed. Might any kind soul be able to reupload it?
Much thanks given in advance. Please ignore me if this happens to be inappropriate.
edited 6:46 PM EST February 2, 2009
- by hcs at 7:50 PM EST on February 2, 2009
- I moved servers, but it's still all available through this link to the old bonus directory. Get it while it lasts!
- by Trish at 8:00 PM EST on February 2, 2009
- Oh, thank you very much, kind sir!
- by SmartOne at 8:40 PM EST on February 2, 2009
- But whatever, it might be a slight bit better, and most people seem to get a psychological sound boost just because they're listening to something in a lossless format...
If it's possible to preserve quality, I do it. I have the space, and then it's 100% the same as it was in iTunes AAC, except without stupid DRM.
I'm pretty sure that "iTunesPlus" garbage only applies to "select" albums. They're playing that game.
The MP3 copy I linked clips. CLIPS. That's not good. At least I think its clipping... sounds get scratchy when loud. They also have that scrumptious watery lossy sound to them.
- by fridgey at 10:21 PM EST on February 2, 2009
- A little more info on Mother3i...
In Japan it was apparently released to 4 different digital stores (http://www.1101.com/MOTHER3/). I don't know about the other 2 (HMV/mora), but Napster, I believe, uses unprotected mp3's. If someone can figure out how to buy from the Japanese store (I know many of them use IP filtering (easy to get around) and reject non-jp credit cards (not so easy to get around)) that might be another way to get it in decent quality - I assume they aren't shoveling anything _worse_ than 128.
As for the iTunes release, the only actual iTunes files I've ever heard (bought by an old roommate of mine) were ripped horrendously and he wound up having me just get a pirated copy of the album for him... I wouldn't put odds against the clipping already being there, I doubt LAME would've introduced it. Possibility exists, of course, that the files went through more than just that conversion though...
- by CyberSpark at 2:41 PM EST on February 3, 2009
- I just found The Memory of Ragnarok, Ragnarok Online II O.S.T. and the Ragnarok Online Piano Arrange all in lossless format! :D :D :D
I don't have them all right now but, if anyone is interested, I might be able to upload it over the next few days.
edited 2:46 PM EST February 3, 2009
- by hcs at 4:51 PM EST on February 3, 2009
- Cool, sign me up.
- by jelbo at 5:17 PM EST on February 3, 2009
- MOTHER3+ (#gamemp3s) (55,3MB). Includes scans. LAME 3.97 -V 0 --vbr-new, EAC Secure mode with 'Accurate Stream' feature.
hcs, will you eventually get around to my .cue files, or should I go ahead with it manually? You may also explain the general idea, I'm pretty creative with UltraEdit and batch files :o)
edited 5:23 PM EST February 3, 2009
- by hcs at 5:26 PM EST on February 3, 2009
- Hi jelbo, I'm not even sure what I was going to do... sorry to have misled you. Probably something like generating a batch to replace instances of "Track 1" with "First Track Title", etc, which could be easily generated from an ordered list of track names.
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software