Previous Page | Next Page
- by Yoshi at 4:46 PM EDT on March 29, 2009
- That makes sense then. Well, hopefully someone does eventually figure out the XMA format.
edited 4:46 PM EDT March 29, 2009
- by SmartOne at 1:35 AM EDT on April 5, 2009
- Stumbled upon "nothingforfree" after randomly searching Google for "f-zero flac" hoping to find F-Zero GX soundtrack. Found some interesting stuff, a lot like the Super Mario World album:
I like free awesome.
- by CyberSpark at 6:15 PM EDT on April 5, 2009
- Actually, someone is going to rip an EAC lossless version of F-Zero for me, don't know when I'll be getting it though. I'm also looking for F-Zero AX/GX in EAC lossless, someone here had ripped it for me awhile ago but the log file showed inconsistencies and mismatches.
- by CyberSpark at 1:55 AM EDT on April 29, 2009
- Anyone interested in The Smile of You ~theme from Elebits~? It has music from some of the missions sound in the Elebits game. Here's the track listing:
Oh and yes, someone was nice enough to share with me an EAC lossless rip (FLAC+CUE+LOG). :)
edited 1:56 AM EDT April 29, 2009
- by Mouser X at 2:04 AM EDT on April 29, 2009
- I have the BRSTM set. I've even have it on my Gigabeat S60 as ADX, so that I can listen to it in a looping form in Rockbox. Is there any major difference between the OST and the BRSTM set? I'm probably not interested, but I thought it'd be useful to know if there were any differences. Thanks for the heads up though. Mouser X over and out.
- by CyberSpark at 4:19 AM EDT on April 29, 2009
- Here's what I understand: The music that's extracted from the game disc is already compressed audio, Nintendo usually like to keep it at 33khz and something like 8-bit, I forget exactly.
The music files put onto the an actual soundtrack, however, are usually the uncompressed 48khz at 16-bit. Now, as you know, FLAC is lossless and retains the quality of the source material, therefore, you're probably getting a higher quality sound out of the OST then you would out of an audio extraction from the game.
I'll tell ya this, I have the Super Mario World OST in FLAC and it sounds noticeably better, in my opinion, then the same music extracted form the game. :)
- by hcs at 5:28 AM EDT on April 29, 2009
- Nintendo standard: 32khz and 4-bit ADPCM.
And CD Audio is 44.1khz 16-bit PCM.
I think what Mouser was asking was if the music itself is different (e.g. extra/unreleased tracks, arrangements, stuff that wasn't streamed).
- by marcusss at 1:57 PM EDT on April 29, 2009
- Theres a torrent on UG or PS2PTT as thats where I got my FLAC of Fzero from if I remember correctly :)
Ahh yes.. PS2PTT..
Rather than me uploading it.. just grab it here
Register if you aren't already a member :P
GBK; she uploads a shitload of lossless stuff on PS2PTT and UG
edited 2:01 PM EDT April 29, 2009
- by CyberSpark at 2:49 PM EDT on April 29, 2009
- I used to be a member there not too long ago but then I forgot about the site and was eventually disabled. :( Now the site has reached it's limit and unless I'm refreshing the page all day long, chances are that I'm not going to be able to sign up again.
As for F-Zero, I requested this soundtrack directly from someone that owns an official copy, it's an EAC lossless rip with all of the proper settings as shown in my tutorial. :)
- by marcusss at 2:55 PM EDT on April 29, 2009
- Exact Audio Copy V0.99 prebeta 4 from 23. January 2008
EAC extraction logfile from 18. August 2008, 2:11
Various / F-ZERO GX/AX ORIGINAL SOUND TRACKS -DISC1-
Used drive : TSSTcorpCD/DVDW SH-S162L Adapter: 0 ID: 0
Read mode : Secure
Utilize accurate stream : Yes
Defeat audio cache : No
Make use of C2 pointers : No
Read offset correction : 6
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out : No
Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes
Delete leading and trailing silent blocks : No
Null samples used in CRC calculations : Yes
Used interface : Installed external ASPI interface
Gap handling : Appended to previous track
Used output format : User Defined Encoder
Selected bitrate : 1024 kBit/s
Quality : High
Add ID3 tag : No
Its too long to list but yeah my copy which I got from there has log, cue etc.. :P
I can invite perhaps as I have 3 left :P (PM me with email :P )Rather give me an email address so I can send an invite :D
If your friend will give it to you then thats good :-) but if you need an invite i dont mind :)
edited 3:05 PM EDT April 29, 2009
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software