Previous Page | Next Page
- by Lunar at 8:16 PM EDT on March 18, 2008
- He isn't credited with composition for Classic Road 1 + 2, he's credited for Arrangement and Sound Design (check the Work column on Sakimoto's site.) The Japanese Game Music Composer List agrees - they list Sakimoto for sound design only for those games, while Hayato Matsuo is credited as a composer. It's not the first time this has happened - Syvalion was also only composed by Matsuo, with the other composers credited on snesmusic actually being responsible for other roles.
GP-1 is Akahori simply because it's obviously him. It's a Genki game for a start - same as Final Stretch (which he composed for), and if you listen to Exhaust Heat, Cybernator, or basically any other game he's composed for, the musical style is blatant, from the mechanics of his composition to the sample set he's using. I would love to be proved wrong :D
EDIT: speaking of, Final Stretch may not be complete. I submitted it as a potentially incomplete set and it got added. go figure.
edited 8:17 PM EDT March 18, 2008
- by KungFuFurby at 3:29 PM EDT on March 20, 2008
- You never know if that's right or wrong if you're missing the composer for that game. If someone were to have a Japanese or English manual for this game, then we could confirm this. The composer is not in the game, that's for sure.
In addition, Genki also did King of the Monsters, and I don't even have the composer for that game! It's probably in the Japanese manual, because the English Manual has no credits.
edited 3:30 PM EDT March 20, 2008
- THANK YOU by Yoshinkeru at 7:06 PM EDT on March 20, 2008
- You have my sincere thanks, KungFuFurby. I had almost forgotten there were other tracks in the game. (Can you believe that?) (I love how you got the "Fault"!)
I had been waiting to see if anyone would upload this to SNesMusic.org. Are you going to?
- by JILost at 5:21 AM EDT on March 21, 2008
- Why get the "Fault" and not "Deuce" or "Net"? Just nitpicking.
- by KungFuFurby at 8:28 AM EDT on March 28, 2008
- I don't think I can do that, as YK usually does that. In addition, my SPC set production rate is actually very high. I have about 30 SPC sets that I've uploaded to SPCDumpers since the last update. Yes, I complete sets that fast. This is what I got for a message, for those of you wondering why in the world none of them have showed up, direct from YK:
"...you've claimed close to 50 games on the "Help Wanted" page, if not
more. You've probably noticed I've not bothered to upload any of your
sets, either. This is just ridiculous... you do not stop... *sigh*"
I also have Trinea (A Japanese game by Yanoman and JAM) nearing completion, complete with track names from the original using a Music ID identifier (I used the watch feature on my emulator, SNES9X, which allows me to watch one variable) so that I could verify each track name. The most recent set completed is Zero the Kamikaze Squirrel, which was delayed because although I had the Sound Test pieces of music, I did not beat all of the levels (that is, complete them by getting to that Stage Clear sign) until 3 days ago. It contains one extra track not in the sound test, and I can upload it if anyone wants me to. The composer for that game is Fox Productions.
I like to play the game until the end, unlike some other people. I have grabbed composers people have missed myself, and I know how to patch SPC files that are first-note sticking, although I use pre-made IPS files.
- by Lunar at 12:13 PM EDT on March 28, 2008
- Either he needs to add them, or he should move aside and let you or someone else who CAN be bothered to add the sets do it instead. Heh... "You do not stop" - what's his point? That's a GOOD thing. Same goes for Knurek and his insane-and-awesome efforts with 2SFs and previously GSFs. Only difference is he's entirely responsible for posting them too.
Make sure the sets get posted.
- by Knurek at 8:19 PM EDT on March 28, 2008
- In YK's defense he stated several times that he doesn't have the motivation to do the site related work ATM. Also, the message quoted earlier was after about 50 KungFuFurby's messages each with at least one new set.
Also he doesn't really need to do anything, he's not paid to carry the site and all. I do also have admin access @ Snesmusic, and could add KFF sets, but it's not that simple, unfortunately. Snesmusic has pretty high standards when it comes to set quality, so adding one takes at least hour or so (KFF can't tag them himself due to his OS and there's no SPC mass tagger which doesn't help).
When I have some free time/motivation, I'll try and do a few sets myself, but really I can't promise any timeline for that.
- by nensondubois at 11:25 AM EDT on March 29, 2008
- I was annoyed when I found out that the SPC set I sent to Snesmusic had almost all my tracks removed. They were all properly dumped and named but were not timed. So I never sent them anything else, other than an unused song found in Super Mario World they had for a while but some idiot over there removed it. Why? I don't know but they may or may not get any more sets from me because of this stupid action.
edited 1:12 PM EDT March 29, 2008
- by KungFuFurby at 6:27 PM EDT on March 29, 2008
- I had that case sometimes, although it was mainly sound effects that were removed, and I usually have vocal samples as well. Sometimes, renamings occur within the titles. For example, Main Theme is usually what I put down for Title Screen and something else.
I would like to know if anyone wants to make an application for the Mac that could handle tagging SPCs... ID666 or extended ID666. I have a G5 running 10.4.11, just to note.
I want to add composers as well, because I've been looking up various sources for composers, and I've been recording them down. Keeper and Final Fight still don't have composers even though they're in the SPC set tagging, along with some other games.
I'd prefer to add composers and do sets, but being on a Macintosh, I can't seem to tag this stuff. I do use a text file to provide the tagging information, though.
I am patient with waiting on the sets, though. They take a bit to get through, and I am perfectly fine with that.
- by nensondubois at 6:39 PM EDT on March 29, 2008
- I'm going to complain at Snesusic for that bullshit or I'll annoy them witch ever works.
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software