Previous Page | Next Page
- by valiant at 11:00 AM EDT on October 18, 2007
- The utilities for Twilight Princess are on the fourth page, in a post by hcs.
Those for The Wind Waker are in the "Ripping Zelda-GC sound effects" thread.
Wading through the WAV files was fun. I've been able to recognize a lot of the samples and the tunes they were used in. The harder ones to make out are generic tracks that use mostly guitar, strings, brass sections and percussion.
Something just came to my mind: I've got a BBA and PSO, so I did some online research and found out that loading burned backups with only these utilities is possible. I always thought I'd need a modchip for that.
I'm trying to get this procedure set up and see if I can play a modified, burned version of Twilight Princess with it. That way, I will be able to rip a lot of the tracks, even without swapping.
edited 2:33 PM EDT October 18, 2007
- by hcs at 11:26 AM EDT on October 19, 2007
- for Lunar:
wsyster 0.1 up, will skip .aw files that it can't find.
- by Lunar at 12:04 PM EDT on October 19, 2007
- awesome, thanks!
- by marioman at 9:41 AM EDT on October 20, 2007
- It just hit me. Can this be done for Luigi's Mansion and Mario Sunshine? I have said for a while that I would like to get the Gameboy Horror theme from Luigi's Mansion. (Chiptunes rule.) Also, I do not think that there is a complete rip of Mario Sunshine yet.
Secondly, is it possible to just add support for these files to in_cube? Waves are huge. I don't exactly understand what is going on with this conversion, but in_cube support would be nice.
edited 12:20 PM EDT October 20, 2007
- by unknownfile at 9:44 AM EDT on October 20, 2007
- yes it can
- by marioman at 12:20 PM EDT on October 20, 2007
- Which one? The conversion or the in_cube support?
edited 12:25 PM EDT October 20, 2007
- by hcs at 12:59 PM EDT on October 20, 2007
- I could slap headers on the aw clips, theoretically. Would be about 1/4th the size of WAVs. I'd just be making up headers, though, as I don't know what mono .aw headers should look like, and I really hate doing that.
- by Lunar at 5:30 AM EDT on October 22, 2007
- Having the .aw files playable in Winamp would be really useful. So long as they played correctly anyway.
- by PokeParadox at 8:39 AM EDT on October 22, 2007
- Even if hackish type stuff can be done, it would be awesome! :)
I remember the crackly Windwaker support on the test release :P It was crackly, sounded awful... but it was still awesome! :D
- by valiant at 9:46 PM EDT on October 24, 2007
- BMS swapping (through filesize and data start in the RARC archive) worked just fine for Four Swords Adventures as there is only a single soundbank for the instruments. I ripped fifty-two BMS songs in total. That and the streaming sound files from Navi Trackers should make for a pretty good complete sound rip... Just have to get my hands on a Game Boy Advance to beat Navi Trackers in order to tag the tracks.
I'll give Twilight Princess the soft-mod treatment (aforementioned procedure): Burning the ISO on a Mini-DVD, streaming GCOS to start the backup and hoping not too many disc read errors will occur.
edited 9:47 PM EDT October 24, 2007
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software