Previous Page | Next Page
- by mariofan12ify at 5:16 AM EDT on April 9, 2017
Well, the Toybox's files were in .wem so I just assumed that they would be the same in the final game.
Here's the original streams:
- by marcusss at 7:46 AM EDT on April 9, 2017
- So wwise games that have extensions like _wwisea _wwisep _wwisev etc.. should probably work if renamed to .wem. will give it a try.
Sounds like great progress
Is there a link or direct link to the plugin to work with winamp and foobar
edited 7:49 AM EDT April 9, 2017
- by Knurek at 9:46 AM EDT on April 9, 2017
- @marcusss: Take note that most of WWise games (on PC) use Vorbis, which isn't currently supported yet.
- by marcusss at 10:19 AM EDT on April 9, 2017
- @Knurek: Thanks for the clarification.
- by Ultrafighter at 4:59 AM EDT on April 10, 2017
- Hey Bnnm, are you gonna release Halo 4 or DmC (2013) in near future? I'd be really glad if I had a chance to try out another rip of the newest Devil may cry (I just have ancient OGG gamerip from PC which was released a few years ago)! The 4th Halo would be cool too, I don't think any rip of that title has ever surfaced anywhere (not to mention streamed gamerip!).
BTW I'm sure TRON: Evolution has exactly this kind of XMAs: "Wwise XMA with a .xma ext (RIFX)". Unfortunately you can't get those from my old rip, you'll have to acquire an image of that game for X360 to find those files in root of sound folder. In any case I guess rerip of that platform is called for (if only to get descriptive BGM names from Music.txt, I left it out when I ripped VGM from the title)...
PS. Big thanks for demuxed audio from videos in Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate for PSV!
It's a pity though all demo~m*.xma tracks as well as some 5.1 files from DMC4 are still unplayable... But this time I'm sure I'll wait for proper implementation and not demultiplex 6 channel XMAs to 3 stereo ones to be able to listen to them right now. This time I can definitely wait.
PPS. It might be quite a longshot but can I propose old Ubisoft (mainly) ADPCM format to be implemented some day? I'm talking about those *.layer audio files which can be found with help of DecUbiSnd inside enormous *.ss# sound archives. You can usually decode them to PCM with DecUbiSnd itself but wouldn't normal playback of source files (not via decubisnd.exe) be more convenient? I can provide numerous samples from many PC or PS3 VGs I ripped myself, I guess there're lots of such files in a few rips by Alpha23 too.
So is it possible for you to do it? It'd be fantastic if one didn't have to convert those tracks to WAV every time he wants to listen to them!
edited 5:14 AM EDT April 10, 2017
- by durandal at 2:25 PM EDT on April 10, 2017
- Could you provide some files and exe that decodes them you mentioned?
- by bnnm at 5:56 PM EDT on April 10, 2017
- @mariofan12ify - I get an error Dl'ing that.
@Ultrafighter - Thanks, will check. Halo 4 and DmC I only have a few examples I'm afraid.
Unplayable DMC4 are true stereo/multichannel, like Marvel Ultimate Alliance, that must be added to FFmpeg. I understand how to do it but it touches some fragile parts, so I asked richardpl (main XMA dev) a while back if he could take a look.
Ubisoft ADPCM I've never heard of that, you'd need to post examples/names (same with any other codecs).
@durandal - here and here
@hcs (or anybody that can help) - I'm trying to get older Wwise Vorbis examples, any files still around?
Some mentioned here, would be most helpful:
KetnetKick 2, Divinity II, EVE Online Apocrypha, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, Rocksmith, The Old Republic beta, Army of Two: The 40th Day 12 multiplayer files
- by Ultrafighter at 1:07 AM EDT on April 11, 2017
- @Bnnm: I guess Durandal was requesting "some files and exe that decodes them" in regards to my point about "old Ubisoft (mainly) ADPCM format". But hey thanks for clarifying current status of DMC4 & giving more info about these Halo 4 and DmC example files!
@Durandal: This is my old personal selection of BGM from TMNT (2007), it includes a decoder BTW but for newer version look here. In case this is not enough I can also post loads of similar segmented sounds from Open season for PC. As for some other PC or most PS3 titles I was talking about I have much less samples at hand right now.
Anyway I suppose implementation of this Ubi format might be similar to PS2/PS3/PSP MUSX (or Eurocom DAT4 4-bit IMA ADPCM to be more precise): apparently there was no frequency spec in a header of a sample when the codec was added to VGMstream so all *.musx files were hardcoded to have sample rate of 32000 Hz. This is what Alpha23 assumed while he was ripping Pirates of the Caribbean: At world's end for most platforms but it's possible that all MUSX tracks coming from that title simply had wrong freq specified in their headers. I've only had "VGM playing too fast" error in G-Force for PS3, this exact rip is still around here (on joshw.info servers to be specific) if someone wants to take a look.
But don't let me stray way too far from Ubisoft format into offtopic field. So can someone more familiar with that old Ubi codec (ADPCM variation) confirm it doesn't have information about sample rate in its header?
- by mariofan12ify at 2:12 PM EDT on April 11, 2017
- @bnnm - Well, I discovered that the audio folder for Yooka-Laylee is actually full of .wem file and .bnk files. I'm guessing the .wem files are just sound effects but I'm pretty sure the .bnk files are the music and ambience.
- by Knurek at 2:22 PM EDT on April 11, 2017
- .wems are the music files, actually.
(Vorbis and PCM)
Rip up on JoshW mirror.
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0181s;