Previous Page | Next Page
- by Ultrafighter at 3:01 PM EDT on April 17, 2017
- Big thanks for status report AnonRunzes, I'm truly grateful for this! It would be nice if you posted some updates whenever there're some major breakthroughs in ripping the game the right way.
Of course there's no real rush in making the set and releasing it here, I'm sure it'd be way better to wait a bit and have high quality gamerip instead of treating PC & X360 versions the same way I ripped PS3 port of the title (original filenames are a must for any future rerips, don't you agree to that?). I wish you the best of luck in figuring out the format of both sound archives and actual audio files!
And Knurek, if you have any natively encoded music from Cannon fodder 3 please post it here, I'd absolutely love to have such a set! BTW movies also shouldn't be any problem, they're OGM if memory serves and audio track can be easily extracted out of actual video file (or maybe sound itself is stored outside of the movie and there're 2 files per a scene: Vid1.ogg & Vid1.audio.ogg, then Vid2.ogg & Vid2.audio.ogg and so on?).
BTW Thnx for the most recent (re)rips, most importantly Darksiders: Warmastered edition & NieR: Automata!
edited 3:05 PM EDT April 17, 2017
- Question... by Bonboon228 at 7:51 PM EDT on April 17, 2017
- I am wondering if the music from the pc version of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix can be ripped.
Is it possible?
- All Atrac3 files should be supported by RetroFanatic at 12:24 AM EDT on April 18, 2017
- Yeah, I don't know what's up with that. Winamp just won't play them. I don't even get a timer on the songs. I even have AT3 added in the DirectShow Decoder.
Someone said they don't work because vgmstream might use AT3Plus and not AT3.
Maybe that was you, I don't know.
- by kode54 at 7:41 PM EDT on April 18, 2017
- AT3/AT3Plus has nothing to do with DirectShow decoders when using VGMStream. VGMStream uses its own internal decoders. Upload some non-working files so they may be examined.
- by Knurek at 1:29 AM EDT on April 20, 2017
- @bnnm: I have two FSB5 rips that don't seem to play with the latest VGMStream:
Not sure what's up with them. I'd appreciate if you could give them a look.
- by bnnm at 1:25 PM EDT on April 20, 2017
- Both use the elusive CELT codec.
List of currently unsupported FSBs:
- FSB5 PCM8/PCM24/PCM32/PCMFLOAT/VAG: easy to add, but never seen any games using them (samples needed)
- FSB5 XWMA: easy too. Some odd X360 game, I guess
- FSB5 ATRAC9: no decoder; most Vita games (PS4 too?)
- FSB5 FADPCM: ~2015+, prob SFXs. Looks like some IMA variation ADPCM experts could figure out (I have one Forza Horizon 3 sample)
- FSB4/5 CELT: used here and there. Decoder exists. The main problem is that the CELT format was never finalized and docs are scarce; needs research of which CELT version is and how it was adapted by FMOD.
- by Ultrafighter at 2:26 PM EDT on April 20, 2017
- Hey Bnnm, which exact decoder were you talking about when you mentioned FSB4/5 CELT? I quickly discovered FB2K plugin (via Google as it's not here) and installed it but apparently it doesn't work correctly on newer versions of Foobar2000 (it shows up in component list but all *.CELT files I add to playlist are empty IE not recognized as playable ones at all).
Maybe program you mentioned was developed for some specific VG? As you can guess I'm still trying to play or convert most tracks from Styx: Master of shadows so this title is my main aim. I'll be very grateful for any directions you can give!
edited 2:31 PM EDT April 20, 2017
- by bnnm at 3:07 PM EDT on April 20, 2017
- By decoder I meant open source (http://celt-codec.org/)
Programs to decode FSB CELTs to WAVs exist, but all simply use FMOD's DLLs so they are not useful for vgmstream.
I haven't tried myself tho: FMOD extractor
If that doesn't work, maybe this will (for FSB4 CELT from The Witcher 2, probably works with others): tw2unfsb (for FSB4 CELT from The Witcher 2, probably works with others)
- by marcusss at 5:44 PM EDT on April 20, 2017
- @bnnm the only game I have come across that uses 32 bit float is Rain world on pc for sound effects. Not sure about the ps4 version.. i know you are talking specifically formats inside fsb5. But yeah it is good to see some games using good clean sound effects ;-)
Intersting formats you posted. Hopefully we can find these formats so you can add them
edited 5:46 PM EDT April 20, 2017
- by ChillyBilly at 12:10 AM EDT on April 21, 2017
- Well, guess this is the most fitting thread to post this.... So anyway, I recently ripped Mr. Driller: Drill Land for the Gamecube, but I'm having trouble playing the streamed audio. Looking through a hex editor, I notice that this game's DSP files have a "Cstr" header. I looked further into this, and almost thought I struck gold through this very site... For on hcs's VGM tools page, he linked to a program called "CDEU" that seemed to be the answer to my problems. Unfortunately, the link on that page is long dead. :( So I ask if anyone happens to have a mirror to that program (maybe hcs, if you're reading this?), or knows of an alternate way to decode these .cstr DSPs? I've got a sample file right here, if it helps:
Thanks in advance to anyone who can look into this!
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0188s;