Previous Page | Next Page
- by ChillyBilly at 12:39 AM EDT on June 15, 2017
- @marcuss: I actually brought up the new Wonder Boy myself a page or two back (along with a sample file). In fact, I've even got the whole music folder uploaded already.... I just haven't posted it yet because the arranged tracks are unplayable for me, too. So here's to hoping a solution is found soon so one of us can post the full rip, yeah? ;)
- by marcusss at 12:51 AM EDT on June 15, 2017
- Sorry about that ChillyBilly. I didn't notice. Yeah let's hope a solution can be found ! Same goes for TMNT Reshelled whih is a TMNT classic Arcade remake.
edited 12:52 AM EDT June 15, 2017
- by bnnm at 1:10 PM EDT on June 15, 2017
- It's literally impossible for me to add any format into vgmstream with a single sample.
It boggles my mind you guys think otherwise... it's bizarre! Seriously, think about it!
If you expect support for anything post MANY samples.
- by AnonRunzes at 3:15 PM EDT on June 15, 2017
- @bnnm - You mean the entire sound directory?
- by ChillyBilly at 4:37 PM EDT on June 15, 2017
- If it's multiple samples you need, then as I said earlier, I already uploaded the entire music archive:
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
- by bnnm at 5:00 PM EDT on June 15, 2017
- @AnonRunzes - Usually a few small, mid and large files is ok.
Like, with small 1ch voices you compare to looping 2ch/6ch music to find codec, loop points, channels and stuff easily. With a single file I'm just staring at random numbers.
It depends on the game though. For instance, Rockstar's AWC (GTA5) uses a variable length header annoying to figure out. It's easier with RDR PS3 that has more distinct MP3 codec data, but I only have a couple of samples, so unless I hunt down more I don't think I can progress much. If I also get X360 versions I could double check more fields.
Some games a certain file triggers the "aha!" moment. Others may use a codec I'm familiar with and I need less samples. Sometimes comparing 2 very similar sized files helps a lot. It's hard to say.
@ChillyBilly - It looks like they are Ogg encrypted with a rolling XOR variety (maybe blow'fish'?). I don't know much about decrypting so unfortunately I can't help.
- by AnonRunzes at 5:02 PM EDT on June 15, 2017
- @bnnm - Well, I did post here a handful of samples from the Gamecube version of Burnout 2 if that helps.
- by Ultrafighter at 5:47 AM EDT on June 16, 2017
- @Bnnm - I hope there're enough samples from Dead space [PC]; you just have to tell me if more example files are needed and I'll post them here ASAP. I think that complete set is way too big so it'd be much more convenient if I uploaded bunches of tracks whenever required, it'll definitely save you time and traffic (DL speed varies greatly on different JoshW.Info servers you know).
I'm also wondering if you have plans for RWS-Split or something, a tool in the vein of xwb_split.exe... It'll be pretty useful, I'm sure! If those sound archives coming from both platforms of Jacked is not enough then I'll try to provide RWS audio banks from some other titles (I mean real banks instead of one-track ones which are already supported).
In any case I won't listen to Burnout 2 rip until I become sure all the individual tracks are available. I'm still not so eager to revisit "BO2: Point of impact" original score that I'm gonna listen to untouched *.rws banks copied straight from game disc and simply hope that each of them contains a single stream... This is just not the way!
And the very last thing: are there any plans for implementation of Prototype 1-2 *.p3d files? Was it set on hold because there's not a single P3D sample from Prototype 2 for PC? I'm mostly interested in P2 [X360] you see... If PC examples are strictly needed then I'll see what I can do about it.
Oh, and I suppose you don't need more 2006 FIFA World cup [X360] example files? Sorry for including them in the first place, I figured out that they were not what you were actually requesting.
edited 5:53 AM EDT June 16, 2017
- by bnnm at 10:21 AM EDT on June 16, 2017
- @AnonRunzes - They do help; I'll take a some time to analyze and understand tho. The RWS format is quite nasty with variable length stuff and many unknown fields.
@Ultrafighter - Dead Space is enough, that joshw set was transmogrified I think (many other EA sets too), FIFA is ok too.
Those Jacked RWS are all SFX packs using a somewhat different format, not sure if you really want them.
Multitrack RWS I think are all multichannel so a splitter isn't probably needed and at worst you'll hear the first 2 channels only, but I'm still investigating. Implementing that is a bit challenging though.
P3D is fine, just need some extra time to implement it.
- by Ultrafighter at 5:07 AM EDT on June 17, 2017
- @Bnnm - Yep I can't guarantee that Dead space set wasn't header manipulated or custom split or something like that since it's Alpha23's rip, I can assure you that The godfather 2 files weren't changed a bit though. When it comes to the latter I merely extracted GODFATH0.viv & GODFATH1.viv bigfiles with help of Watto's GameExtractor.jar (I heard there's a tiny console program dedicated to unpacking EA "BIGF" or "BIG4" archives but I've never used it myself) and decoded every single *.EXA.SNU track with ToWAV (licensed songs're mostly quad ones, Lennertz's score is stereo and voiceovers're all mono). I don't remember any 4+ ch. files in Godfather's sequel though.
If you're really interested in those Godfather II examples I'll try to reacquire additional samples so I can post them here. It's going to be no problem at all.
As for Jacked PC/XBox RWS banks I'm not actually in desperate need to obtain each and every SFX piece from the title but a chance to double check remaining sound archives would still be nice I think. You see on PS2 platform I could always use Sony ADPCM extractor from VGMToolBox suite or FastElbja's ADPCM Player v1.44h or even good ol' Cube Media Player 2 but on PC/XBox there's no such option, I mean some kind of scanner for contained streams. That's why I've not listened to anything except single-stream *.rws archives from Jacked, "Super-bikes: Riding challenge" and many other old Milestone racing games... yet (this doesn't also apply to Playstation II you know).
This is the reason why I'm slightly interested in further exploration of audio bank contents but I won't seriously insist on development of RWS stream viewer / unpacker, VGMstream support for multi-stream banks or something.
BTW here's entire sound directory of "Super-bikes: Riding challenge" [PC] if it helps in your investigation of sound format, I mean structure of RenderWare Stream files. Or are these examples no longer needed because there're enough samples already (from Jacked or even "Hot rod: Garage to glory")?
It's truly nice to hear such news about P3D, believe me I'll really appreciate implementation of X360 and / or PS3 variant of the format!
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0404s;