Previous Page | Next Page
- by Knurek at 8:07 AM EDT on June 25, 2017
- @bnnm: How do you use .pos with .at3s that don't have looping data in the header.
Say, I have a file 1.at3 and 1.pos, how do I rename them to force VGM to accept the looping data?
//EDIT: NVM, I got it, you have to have 1.vgmstream and 1.vgmstream.pos, but play the .vgmstream file, not the .pos one...
//EDIT2: Slightly related question - any way to force a looping AT3 file to not loop? Many PSP sets have front-to-end loops set in the header for all files, including non-looping jingles/etc...
edited 11:35 AM EDT June 25, 2017
- by bnnm at 6:42 PM EDT on June 25, 2017
- @Knurek - there is no external .pos support for AT3 yet. I'm considering various issues and stuff at the moment. Also about extending .pos to allow forcing no looping and other ideas.
You can use .vgmstream+pos to force any format into FFmpeg, but it's just a quick hack and there are some differences vs proper .AT3.
- by AnonRunzes at 7:05 PM EDT on June 25, 2017
- Maybe I'd though I'd start my post here with a few samples:
Sorry for the misleading filenames, they were actually automatically assigned to the .wav extension based on quickBMS' extension guessing skills.
It's that I had to use my WIP script for extracting these files out of .bf archives because I have yet to add directory tree support.
edited 7:38 PM EDT June 25, 2017
- by Knurek at 12:06 AM EDT on June 26, 2017
- @bnnm: Okay, I've asked about this since I went through all PSP sets and changed them from at3+pos to proper at3 format (I think you mentioned that at one time).
I'm leaving the Falcom sets with external looping data as .vgmstream files for now. If/Once you add proper external POS .at3 support, I'll just reupload those sets.
- by Ultrafighter at 2:22 AM EDT on June 26, 2017
- @Bnnm: Hi, it occurred to me only yesterday that I finally remembered about some Psi-ops MEDs which didn't work even with MED2WAV, maybe it's like that because those sound files are 3-bit? Anyway that audio triad of tracks can't be played in VGMstream either so that's why I upped them all right here. Can they be fixed?
PS. Also all these sample sounds don't work: respective WAVs (converted by med2wav.exe) are all playable but original *.med files are unplayable. May I ask you to look into them as well?
edited 2:43 AM EDT June 26, 2017
- by AnonRunzes at 8:15 PM EDT on July 1, 2017
- So I see you(bnnm) have redone support for many EA formats today. However, I came across one that might be unsupported.
As these filenames can imply, these files came from the Saturn version of FIFA 98 Road to World Cup. These were all of the files I could find that came close to being audio formats at the least, although apparently the .UV format used in that one can also store video. ZPBP.STR will be uploaded later when I have the "time" for it.
edited 9:22 PM EDT July 1, 2017
- by bnnm at 4:43 PM EDT on July 2, 2017
- latest vgmstream changes (foobar / test+winamp+xmplay / bug list)
- fixed some .MED with JUNK chunk
- redone EA SCHl support [EA games from roughly 1997~2010]
* tested most variations using EA's tools
* added looping [Need for Speed II PC]
* added DSP support [3DS games]
* added MP2 (tested) and MP3 (untested) [Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PS2)]
* fixed PCM/EAXA/MT in some cases [PS2/GC/XBOX/Wii games]
* fixed sample rate/codec defaults, num_samples in some cases
* documented more header patches and other details (ex. "EA ADPCM" is now EA MT/MicroTalk, as per EA's tools)
* (dev) some internals adapted for EA stuff
EA SCHl defects (probably fixed later):
- missing N64 ADPCM (not needed? DSP predecessor, with file coefs?)
- missing mono/interleaved MicroTalk 10:1 [Saturn/early PS2 games]
- missing EALAYER3 (to be researched)
- missing MicroTalk 5:1 and 10:1 w/ PCM blocks (not used? to be researched)
- missing EA BNK/PATl support (simple variations)
- EAXA decodes with glitches vs FFmpeg in rare cases (to be researched)
- possibly missing multichannel/interleaved MPEG? (unknown)
- some files could loop with .MAP companion files (to be tested)
@AnonRunzes - Thanks, didn't have any Saturn examples (those jerks are using yet another ADPCM/layout variation).
BGE X360 is .xma, rename. PS3 is weird MSF but probably fixable. RRR Wii (DSP) seems to be missing coefs but I'll check later.
@Knurek - Sure; be aware that FFmpeg/.vgmstream AT3 num_samples+looping is off by ~2000 samples, also affected if the .pos values are relative, and could change anytime if FFmpeg devs decide to support encoder delay; all that could break edge looping.
I can guarantee normal .at3 parse samples/looping properly.
@Ultrafighter - some of those are indeed 3-bit IMA, very rare. Could be easy or hard to add, I'll see.
- by marcusss at 6:28 PM EDT on July 2, 2017
- @ bnnm
Has there been any progress with Left for Dead XWV files as they still don't playin latest vgmstream even though I think I saw XWV support added?
I ripped OGGS from Dungeon Siege III DLC 1 for PC the odd thing is the OGGS look weird. They have a strange looking header etc. going on.
It does say RIFF‘I..WAVEfmt
but the rest is different
Also been fiddling around with Gothic 4 on XBOX360 and the game had a Audio pak file which when extracted ended up with 60 odd chunk files which I have used a program onine to rip audio from those chunk files (takes deep breath)
.. Anyway those file all have the .wav extension and contain RIFFúh|.WAVEfmt 4...f...D¬
in the header so looks like 44100 Hz audio file but doesn't play .or rather I get the "It may be corrupted" error
Any ideas on this one?
edited 11:20 AM EDT July 3, 2017
- by Infernus Animositas at 11:47 AM EDT on July 3, 2017
- Dungeon Siege OGGs just need to be decoded with ww2ogg without using any of the codebooks. I would rename them to another file extension like ".wem" and then run them through ww2ogg and then use revorb afterwards to fix the granule positioning.
Here's a batch script for ww2ogg
for %%i in (*.wem) do ww2ogg "%%i"
And one for revorb as well
for %%i in (*.ogg) do revorb "%%i" "%%i"_revorb.ogg
As for Gothic 4, Xbox 360 audio is almost always XMA.
- by bnnm at 12:52 PM EDT on July 3, 2017
- @marcusss - Left For Dead 2 I'll add support eventually, meanwhile maybe you can find other Valve games using that XWV.
Dungeon Siege III is Wwise, simply rename to .logg (or .wem) and play in vgmstream.
Gothic 4 is XMA but the data is a bit odd. Maybe incorrectly ripped?
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0223s;