Previous Page | Next Page
- by bnnm at 3:41 PM EDT on July 11, 2017
- Some discussion about those here.
I also saw it used in Tales of Zestiria voices, so maybe it's a variation of the codec optimized for voices.
- by marcusss at 9:34 PM EDT on July 11, 2017
I used a BNK tool online called bnkbrowser which I was able to search and etract files from the game's large BNK/BNK.DAT files.
The original files are in XMA format but don't play as seem different like you said..so yes it would be great if you can add them. e.
I was just curious how it sounds when I used that transmogrifier script.but yes that xma script works but indeed no loop info.... The original files should have them though :-)
Here are some more files from the game HERE
Actually also when I ripped Dynasty Warriors 7 recently there were 12 songs that didn't play in vgmstream which I think are similar to what we have with Fable 3 - DW7 Unplayable xma
...and Finally I extracted Timesplitters 3 music for XBOX but the files are extensionless ut after playing around a bit using wavm it works but not corretly so getting close to it working.. ANy idea on what correct codec/eXtension is?? here
E.G. cutscene from TS3
edited 11:36 AM EDT July 12, 2017
- by kode54 at 9:44 PM EDT on July 11, 2017
- The reference G.722.1 decoder is also about five times slower than libsiren.
e: Also, that looks like the loop start behaving incorrectly, rather than playing past the end of the file. Maybe it doesn't support repeating correctly? Needs fixing either way.
edited 9:45 PM EDT July 11, 2017
- by Ultrafighter at 2:56 AM EDT on July 15, 2017
- Hi Bnnm, may I ask you to look into another small pack of example files? I suppose some of them might be really easy to implement since they're all decodable to PCM with help of ToWAV. But let me have a proper start on this one.
Those convertible files I was talking about come from MX vs ATV: Unleashed for PC and they even have RIFF-style headers, it's just that they're not playable without conversion ATM.
As for Colin McRae DiRT 1 (PC) it's highly probable that they're initially headerless so they cannot be added as-it-is. I hope it'd not be too bothersome for you to double-check my assumption. It should be signed 16 bit stereo PCM (11025 Hz for loc_*.WIP samples & 32 KHz for rp_0*.WIP ones). The former ones seem to be SFX & ambience packs but the latter ones are actual tracks.
- by bnnm at 4:00 AM EDT on July 16, 2017
- latest vgmstream changes (foobar (may take a few days to update) / test+winamp+xmplay / bug list)
- Added EA SCHl Saturn + MT10 mono/int
- Fixed Maxis XA not working
- Fixed FFTA2 loop 'clicks' in some files
- Fixed little endian PCM BFSTM, BFWAVs (by shinyquagsire23)
- Fixed some Fable 3/Heroes XMA (rename to .xma)
- Added TXTH generic header format
* TXTH format info here
- (dev) fixed some files being incorrectly identified
- editable text header with simple commands
- similar to GENH but a single ".txth" per directory (or ".ext.txth" or "filename.ext.txth")
- foobar/winamp/etc must accept the extension. Meaning, if you find a new .xyz ext, needs to be added/accepted first or won't play even with a .txth.
** However you can rename to any accepted ext, like ".xyz.vgmstream" (but I suggest you document in the .txth the original ext)
- it has *lower* priority than other formats. So if support for a format is properly added the .txth gets auto-ignored.
** this could change depending on various considerations
- the parser is basic and probably buggy, not very tested
- meant to ease (semi)headerless support/distribution/documentation and (eventual) addition
** ie. rather than telling you "make a GENH with this and that" I can just post a .txth
While ideally all formats with a unique ext or header ID should be implemented directly, there is only so much I can do myself and I'd rather do more complex stuff like new codecs; I think this is an acceptable compromise. Plus it's easy to add a format to vgmstream from a TXTH, could be semi-automated even.
@marcusss, @Ultrafighter, @ChillyBilly: TXTHs (press "download", remove .txt so it ends in .txth, and put in music dir)
Colin McRae DiRT (PC) [toWav didn't work for me so I'm not sure if the output is ok]
Dynasty Warriors 7 (X360) [somewhat playable but this must be de-interleaved with some .BMS I think]
Enter the Matrix (PC) adx/adp/wad [some .wad don't have music btw]
Farming Simulator 18 (3DS)
Left 2 Dead 2 (X360) [a few are unplayable, dunno why]
Mad Dash Racing (Xbox)
Slave Zero (PC)
Timesplitters 3 (Xbox) [rename to something like .vgmstream first]
MX vs ATV Unleashed (PC) - weird RIFF with some new(?) IMA variation (without blocks). I tried stuff but I'm afraid I can't figure out.
#TXTH mini example:
codec = XBOX
channels = @0x08 #offset,LE,32b
sample_rate = 44100
start_offset = 0x20
num_samples = data_size #auto bytes-to-samples
loop_start_sample = @0x10 #in samples by default
sample_type = bytes #change sample meaning
loop_end_sample = @0x14 #now in bytes-to-samples
loop_flag = @0x0C:BE:$2 #offset,BE,16b
id_value = 0x54455354 #"TEST"
id_offset = @0x00:BE #validate vs id_value
- by Knurek at 6:09 AM EDT on July 16, 2017
- @bnnm: I can't get it to work with the Farming Simulator 18 files.
I put p1d.txth file in the game folder.
.p1d files don't get detected by VGMStream, so I followed you advice and renamed the thth file to .txth and datafiles to music01.p1d.vgmstream etc.
Those I can add to the playlist, but they don't play.
Anything I'm missing? Using XMPlay with the winamp plugin (newest one as the Switch sets play fine)
- by bnnm at 8:09 AM EDT on July 16, 2017
- Eh, I once again uploaded the wrong thing. Whoops. Redownload!
- by bxaimc at 12:27 PM EDT on July 16, 2017
- Fascinating, this would help immensely with testing.
- by Knurek at 4:14 PM EDT on July 16, 2017
- @bx: please help me with the DS Idolmaster. I managed to extract some s14 files from F_BGM.BIN, but most of them don't play properly with VGMStream (and they look like _L/_R split deal).
I'd just genh them, but that doesn't seem to support the codec used.
(I don't like being so close to a good rip. So frustrating)
- by Ultrafighter at 4:23 PM EDT on July 16, 2017
- @Knurek: yep I was also only able to get it to work playing tracks one by one and changing name of a TXTH file to "filename.ext.txth" each time.
@Bnnm: both rp_0*.WIP files sound really weird, it's like they're slowed down but still have expected play length... I'll keep testing anyway.
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0336s;