Previous Page | Next Page
- by Ultrafighter at 10:17 AM EST on January 29, 2018
- Big thanks for this update Bnnm, I can't describe how happy I am because there're so many fixes and additions I had been waiting for! If only those *.bcwav streams from F1 2011 for 3DS were added I'd be even merrier... BTW is there any progress on those pesky files?
I've got a new pack of samples and would like you to look into them if it's not too much to ask. There're all BGMs from EA Sports Supercross for PSX & a bigfile from Superbike 2000 (PS version).
The former may be easy to add/update since there's similar format already implemented into VGMstream (STRs from here). Future cop's tracks have the same header as Supercross songs but the latter won't play properly even after renamed to *.STR (only the very 1st 3-second segment will play). My assumption is that Supercross's BGMs basically use the same audio format as Future cop but there're still some minor differences which prevent tracks from playing (actually there're multiple "MGAV" strings throughout Future cop - L.A.P.D. *.STR files too, it might indicate that those are segmented too but they can be played back fine, not just first segment of a composition).
All in all it'd be nice to have EA Sports Supercross variant of that sound format supported (if it's not too much of a hassle to figure out & add), I guess it can even be added with new extension introduced to VGMStream (AV instead of STR) but of course it's up to you to decide.
That huge audio-only (?) archive from Superbike 2000 should be checked for more music than mere 7 XA streams which VGMT's CD-XA extractor found inside (bigfile size is 129 MB but those *.xa tracks are less than 90 MB in total). It looks like the tool didn't even find all menu themes from the game plus (keeping tracklist on PC port in mind) there should also be at least 1 podium track.
That's why I'd like to ask you to double-check that sound bank and possibly make an unpacking script if there're indeed additional BGMs there. I think that this small yet nice videogame score deserves such thorough research and our VGM archives would only benefit from addition of more complete set.
Oh and can also video files from the title be inspected too? VGMTB found a playable XA file in each of those but can I be sure that demuxing process (if that's what really happened after I drag-and-dropped STRs into VGMToolBox) finished without any errors (or it was made correctly to begin with)? Well maybe I'm making wild guesses and behave like a total amateur in PSX VGM ripping, probably it's the right way to do things when working with this platform but I'm still unsure. Long story short any assistance with this VG would be really appreciated.
PS. The 2nd link doesn't work so just look for "Future cop" here. Sorry for inconvenience.
edited 10:20 AM EST January 29, 2018
edited 9:35 PM EST January 29, 2018
- by kode54 at 8:05 PM EST on January 29, 2018
- You could edit your link if you still have time. Remember that brackets and parentheses are invalid in URLs, and must be converted to percent ASCII escapes. %5b and %5d for brackets, %28 and %29 for parentheses.
E: Blame stupid browsers for unescaping them when copying the links or displaying them in the address bar, where there isn't a BBcode parser turning the first close bracket it sees ] into the end of a BBcode tag.
edited 8:06 PM EST January 29, 2018
- by marcusss at 11:35 PM EST on January 29, 2018
- BTW bnnm, I ripped Broken Age (iOS) and left the game's large FSB files intact like people usually do but some games I prefer to split the FSB if it contains effects etc..
The problem is is this game has a weird header..No known FSB header although still plays fine in vgmstream.. I just wish some program could split it as none of the current tools would split it for me. It uses FSB5 container with XBOX IMA codec inside according to vgmstream.
Figured it might be of interest to you..
edited 11:56 PM EST January 29, 2018
- by bnnm at 2:20 PM EST on January 30, 2018
- @bxaimc - "Bink Audio", derived from Bink Video's audio (urg) I believe. Also in Titanfall and some Scribblenauts PC. Not the easiest thing to support so check the PS3 set for a decoder exe meanwhile.
@Ultrafighter - Ok I'll see what I can do.
@marcusss - Decrypt with fsbext or guessfsb first, key: DFm3t4lFTW
- by AnonRunzes at 7:55 PM EST on January 30, 2018
- so, i made a update of my idx_stz.bms script that actually "reads" both values through the getbits "command". in my opinion, getbits is more reliable as a command than the "get" command since you can set the bits you want to cover your variable with depending on the situation.
anyway, here's the update...
if anyone wants to add support to this "format", let me know.
edited 7:57 PM EST January 30, 2018
- by marcusss at 8:57 PM EST on January 30, 2018
- @bnnm : sorry, forgot.vgmstream now decrypts doesn't it? Well I might split the file and reupload it then. Sorry for the silly question. Even I have decrypted using that key before. Aha forgot about that one.
Oh yeah with some recent.games that are unity.they crash upon loading up in those extractor programs. Probably a newer version than supported..but a couple have webm mentioned in the header in some sections so I wonder are they integrating webm now in fsb5? Hmm
Will try to get some samples mthe problem is the resource files contain webm, and so the extractors crash so I guess I can point it out to the author of those programs.
edited 9:00 PM EST January 30, 2018
edited 9:02 PM EST January 30, 2018
- by rebooter23 at 7:18 PM EST on February 1, 2018
- Hey guys, what is it with some Bfstms in the BOTW OST, they won’t loop properly for example the Rito Village Theme. Is this a vgmstream issue?
- by bxaimc at 7:33 PM EST on February 1, 2018
- Which one? Switch or Wii U? What’s the filename?
- by rebooter23 at 7:36 PM EST on February 1, 2018
- Take BGM_Spot_NewKoroguForest_Allday.bfstm for example. It’s on both Switch an WiiU not loopable.
- by marcusss at 10:33 AM EST on February 2, 2018
- Could someone kindly decode this FSB for me as I had no luck so far. Cheers
FSB5 sample Mac OS X Game
edited 10:33 AM EST February 2, 2018
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0188s;