Previous Page | Next Page
- by Ultrafighter at 11:01 AM EST on February 12, 2018
- @Bnnm - Your Rogue trooper *.MIHB tip worked as a charm so thanks for that! I didn't even have to actually use that TXTH file on any MICs.
About F1: I'll try out your *.txth ASAP but will have to redownload the set, he-he. To tell you the truth that Vita rip was the first I listened to, it seems I was very lucky with my earlier choice! Anyway I don't think I'll rerip this title for 3DS (or ask anyone to do it) even if there're still some bugs/glitches in those BCWAVs...
In regards to Goldeneye: I suppose we'll just have to wait for libmpg123-0.dll author (did I guess right?) to look into this issue. I hope it gets solved at some point.
And returning to Juiced 1: "It's literally a single 3h WMA" - now that's truly weird, I'd never think it's even possible to have working 2.1 WMAs! BTW Marcusss, I presume you should give WinRipper program a try, there's still possibility (IMHO) that tiny tool's able to find individual tracks inside the bank (maybe even amount of found streams will be twice bigger than song count, could devs use a pair of stereo & mono file for each composition? Makes sense to me).
I rarely used WinRipper because it's sole exclusive feature was scanning for WMA headers and I got rid of it years ago (I see now that VGMT can do it too so it's not much of a loss) but probably I can find it for you. That is if you're interested of course.
When it comes to Ubi Sound Package Madness, Episode 123 I'd surely welcome implementation of Rainbow six: Vegas 1-2 and/or Surf's up variants of their proprietary format. Or are their *.sb0+ss0 supported already? Some help is needed here for I've not ripped a UbiSoft title in a fair while.
In any case I'd like to have those added to VGMStream since it might really be worth the effort: both VGs have good scores / soundtracks without that insane segmentation of PoP series / Open season / TMNT '07. I can even rip R6:V & Surf's up myself if I'm sure that VGMstream can help me a lot with that task and my set won't consist of (mainly) headerless audio chunks extracted with DecUbiSnd.
Till next time!
PS. @Mark - I gotta say about your last request that filesizes might mean nothing because chances are high that some sequenced BGM system is used in that Novastorm game; for example I attempted to rip Hot wheels: Stunt track driver dilogy many times but never succeeded, I merely became sure all sounds are either without any headers or synthesized.
And back to Novastorm: maybe it proves useful to check other platforms for CDA tracks? I'm not too sure its presence on PSX/SCD/3DO will prove anything though... Should all 4 use RedBook audio or can select ones utilize synths while others use prerecorded streams?
edited 11:03 AM EST February 12, 2018
- by bnnm at 1:27 PM EST on February 13, 2018
- @rebooter23 - You'd need to parse the "region" section (0x4003) to get header values, and handle stream_index N > region N-1 (index 0/1 = region 0, index 2 = region 1) plus set vgmstream->num_streams (check other files setting that).
@marcuss - Novastorm could be added later (blocked PCM8).
@ultrafighter - 3h as in hours, there is only one header. You can split WMAs but you'd need to recreate the header, maybe there is some tool. Those Ubis no idea, best if you try.
- by Brandondorf9999 at 2:36 PM EST on February 13, 2018
- @bnnm Could you figure out a way to convert the said dat files I posted on the previous page?
- by marcusss at 6:57 PM EST on February 13, 2018
- @bnnm : Juiced 1 also uses the same file type but there was a 15kb file in the main folder which looks like the header for the separate songs as it mentions
.wmax and there is info split up matching each song I'm guessing, so I will upload it later on. Juiced2 should have something similar so will have to download the game again just to get that similar file. I only kept the music file. Oops
Thanks for taking a look. Same for Novastorm.
@ Ultrafighter : Yeah Novastorm is on a few platforms and I downloaded the psx version which is not in the psx vgm archive so will be a good addition as well as the pc version.
edited 7:01 PM EST February 13, 2018
edited 7:03 PM EST February 13, 2018
- by Ultrafighter at 8:37 AM EST on February 14, 2018
- Hi Bnnm, I've just reinstalled Surf's up and found out there's no stream.ls0 to accompany stream.ss0 from sound folder (well there's some stream.ls0 file but it's in subdirectory, the one probably dedicated to language-specific streams).
BTW there're lots of *.sb0 in both root sound folder & aforementioned localization subdirectories but none is playable, would you like to take a look? stream.ss0 is huge but even the biggest SB0s are a few MBs.
- by rebooter23 at 10:39 AM EST on February 14, 2018
Thanks for your support! So, how do you know the region info is located at 0x4003? The sources I researched aren't clear about this:
BFSTM at Custom Mario Kart Wiki
I'm also not sure about the structure of the region: If the offset to the region info is stored at 0x4003, will i going to this address get to a regular header or how does that look like? Will each region then have it's own header? Unfortunately, the specification I linked to never talks about this so I'd be glad if you could link me to some sources where I could research more!
- by bnnm at 3:09 PM EST on February 14, 2018
- @Ultrafighter - Sure.
@rebooter23 - Well, the (optional) 0x4003 section offset points to a "REGN" chunk. Inside, after 0x20 are N entries (number/size described in INFO, as your link mentions), each:
0x00: global sample start
0x04: global sample end
0x08: ADPCM setup (per channel)
There are more regions than "actual" subsongs so I think the game may switch them dynamically (didn't play) rather than set actual subsongs, BOTW town files seem to have 16 regions and ~6 subsongs.
More research is needed about mapping N regions to a subsong (ex. first 4 regions seem to be first subsong with loop points) but I suspect this is file by file case.
At worst you could manually get the regions samples and split with Audacious or something.
- by AnonRunzes at 9:00 PM EST on February 14, 2018
- i also have these "Ubi Sound Package" files around my HDD, except they're all sort of primitive. as in, something like this:
(Batman Vengeance, Tarzan Freeride, etc.(unconfirmed))
(Batman Rise of Sin Tzu)
the PS2 version of Donald Duck Quack Attack/Goin' Quackers uses an even weirder format. there's only two files used for any "non-language" kind of audio in the game: MAP.BLK and STREAMED.BLK. these files are not comprehensible by any means, at least not in my eyes anyway.
for the "language" kind of audio files though it uses about 5 of them for each language: EVT.BLK, HEADER.BLK, MAPLANG.BLK, RES.BLK and STRLANG.BLK. they seem to be more "detailed" than these two files, but that's about it.
if you need any samples for this let me know.
- by marcusss at 10:33 PM EST on February 14, 2018
- @bnnm : Here is Juiced 1 which has a similar file of wma all grouped together but I included what looks like the header file also.
edited 12:14 AM EST February 15, 2018
- Surf's up example files by Ultrafighter at 7:29 AM EST on February 15, 2018
- Here you go.
Bye and thanks in advance!
PS. There might be just multi-layered ambiences in the beginning of root~stream.ss0 but many BGMs close to the end.
PPS. I also included a few tiny files like numerous stream.ls0 from localization folders which might come in handy too.
edited 7:37 AM EST February 15, 2018
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0192s;