Previous Page | Next Page
- by Ultrafighter at 7:52 AM EST on February 28, 2018
- Hi Bnnm, great work on those FSB FADPCM & especially Reflections ADPCM files! I waited for Driv3r *.e4x tracks to become playable literally for years now and finally my dream has come true. It's much appreciated, really and I mean it!
May I ask you one more favor? I'm ripping Manhunt (Xbox version) and wouldn't mind any help with its BGMs. I guess they're not just headerless 4-bit ADPCM but probably multi-layered too (I believe some deinterleaving BMS is needed here). I've got a few samples right here.
Extension of those tracks is the same as in PC port of the title (towav.exe should support it as said here) but ToWAV doesn't decode those files (well it tries to convert ZOO_M.RIB but result is seriously flawed, the tool outputs 6 PCM WAVs with the same filesize but there's only some static in them). If you also like to get example RIBs from computer ver. just tell me and I'll provide those, I was originally intending to rip PC version anyway but decided to check XBox first; I was hoping for HQ WMA & lossless audio from vids but my 1st assumption proved to be wrong.
All in all it'd be great to have music from one of those platforms playable or convertible, I'd be fine with either PC or XB variants of BGMs since PS2 is supposed to have the lowest quality (I presume?..).
Bye & the best of luck with these troublesome *.rib tracks!
- by Ultrafighter at 4:13 AM EST on March 2, 2018
- Hello guys, I'm currently reripping Gears of war - Judgment and would like to avoid any unnecessary transformation of BGMs but am unsure ATM what the best method should be. Here are a few samples of *.SoundNodeWave files that I'm working with.
These UE3 containers don't have any RIFF or RIFX headers but there's definitely XMA data inside. SoundNodeWaves have frequency value (normally at 0x56 but for example EP5_MexicanFlashback has it @0xBE) and actual stream typically starts at 0xEC (I got this info comparing unplayable XMA2 (?) tracks extracted using this BMS
to original *.SoundNodeWave).
Maybe such UE3 containers can be implemented? I hope frequency value is mostly situated at the same place, otherwise it'd be impossible to add such format to VGMstream.
And about aforementioned XMAs: I'm wondering if they can be implemented instead... In case there're some junk bytes (and it's the reason that prevents plugin from playing back such tracks) in the end of XMA files which SoundNodeWave2XMA.bms outputs then I believe Alpha's script can be tweaked a bit to serve our needs (for him it didn't matter I presume because he casually transmogrified XMAs anyway to make 'em decodable with ToWAV; it's well known that XMA_Parse. EXE makes files rebuilt to XMA1 much smaller, it probably gets rid of unneeded data in the end of input sound files too).
To sum it up: I'd like to leave selection of required procedure to you so that my rip can be called 100% streamed one, I just want to have music from GoW: Judgment readily playable with the least transmogrification required.
- by isbndcaw at 5:49 AM EST on March 2, 2018
- Hi bnnm
Here are three scd examples from the ff13-2.Vgmstream test.exe report illegal Audio-Mpeg-Header.
If you don't mind taking a look I would really appreiate it.
- by bnnm at 5:25 AM EST on March 4, 2018
- latest vgmstream changes (autobuilds (MSVC) / foobar / test+winamp+xmplay (GCC) / bug list)
- Add XBOX mono/int to GENH/TXTH (as codec_mode 1) [Manhunt (Xbox)]
- Add .ATSL for PS4/Vita/PC [Nobunaga's Ambition (PS4), Warriors All-Stars (PC)]
- Add KID .WAF [Ever 17 (PC)]
- Add RIFF/OGG .ADX extension [Remember 11 (PC)]
- Add Rebellion .MIC extension [Rogue Trooper (PS2)]
- (dev) Clean some DSP metas
- (dev) VS project file tweaks
@marcusss - rename to .lwav
@MoldyPond - BRSTM work fine in winamp or foobar for me.
@Ultrafighter - Manhunt TXTH, you must change channels (some were 1ch, others 12ch). SoundNodeWave can't be added, use UModel to rip UE3 .xxx as it should add an XMA header.
@alba - looks incorrect/modified? Value at 0x1f0 (channels) must be 4, not 2. Rip in joshw has 4.
- by marcusss at 5:54 PM EST on March 5, 2018
- Thanks for the update bnnm. The renaming worked though they did use pretty crappy compressed music for Night Caster 1. Glad at least part 2 sounds much better !
- by MoldyPond at 7:15 PM EST on March 5, 2018
- @bnnm What do you have your vgmstream settings set to? Just updated and BRSTMs are still broken, changing the settings does nothing, nor does deleting and reinstalling vgmstream. Doesn't matter if they're files from games or my own created BRSTMs, they still don't loop at all.
- by marcusss at 12:03 AM EST on March 6, 2018
edited 12:15 AM EST March 6, 2018
- by Ultrafighter at 1:51 AM EST on March 6, 2018
- @Bnnm: Hi, big thanks for this Manhunt TXTH which worked perfectly as well as that neat Rebellion *.MIC extension update!
For Manhunt I had to change channel count to 2 though for all the tracks without "_M" in the end of filename. That way playback was finally flawless, possibly if I found credits BGM earlier and included it in my sample pack it'd be way more apparent that those smaller streams are indeed stereo ones.
And about Gears of war - obviously I used Gildor's utilities on Judgment as well as any other UE3 VG I ripped in the last 5-6 years but should output from Umodel be any different from command-line extract.exe that I normally use? Isn't umodel.exe just a GUI shell for all the tiny tools collected on this page?
Edit: I've just found a pair of freaky XWBs in an XSN title for original Xbox, would you like to take a look & ultimately add them to vgmstream? Only ToWAV managed to deal with them somehow but it surely converted bank contents to PCM, not extracted them.
Samples are here as usual, I hope they'll be figured out in the end.
Till next time!
edited 5:42 AM EST March 6, 2018
- by bnnm at 4:10 PM EST on March 6, 2018
- @MoldyPond - I think you have plugin conflicts. If you have some FFmpeg plugin disable it as it may steal some of vgmstream's files, like BxSTM or ADX (foobar's problem).
@Ultrafighter - I think extract.exe only gives original sound nodes, while UModel 'fixes' them.
XWB will fix, it's using "compact mode", very rare.
- by MoldyPond at 10:50 PM EST on March 6, 2018
- @bnnm Hadn't thought of that. I'll give it a look.
Edit: Yep. Had ffmpeg and a separate AC3 plugin installed. Deleted the AC3 one and now it works again. Have absolutely no idea why AC3 would that to BRSTMs but anyways, thanks a lot!
edited 12:01 AM EST March 7, 2018
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0568s;