Previous Page | Next Page
- by Ultrafighter at 5:07 PM EDT on July 28, 2018
- Hi guys, I'm going to post my example files pack if you don't mind and I hope it's not impossible to figure out / fix them! Description of its contents will follow shortly and the links will be in the body of text.
@Nicknine - NASCAR 06 - Total team control & NASCAR 07 (both for Xbox): they have identical ABKs / BNKs but not a single ABK bank plays, is it fixable? I've got samples right here.
@Bnnm - DL link for everything but NHL.
BioShock the first (JoshW sets for all 3 platforms): MP3 FSBs from PS3 ver. trouble me a lot, their counterparts mostly look like they really contain silence and nothing but silence (99.9% zero bytes and such) but when I analyze PlayStation samples in a hex editor they don't look similar at all, they look like they're actually valid streams that are unplayable for some reason. On the other hand "(unplayable) music_1_radiohappyfeet.wav.fsb" & "(unplayable) music_1_radiojiveatfive.wav.fsb" (PC port) as well as "(unplayable) music_1_radiohappyfeet.xma" don't consist merely of 0x00 bytes too, however it doesn't necessarily mean that they contain anything besides silence (IMHO).
NASCAR 06 - Total team control (Xbox): there're these MAD movies which are apparently the missing link between MPC & VP6 formats, I found out they're used in NFS:U for example and stumbled upon a few solutions for conversion of sound. I chose eaconv.exe from EA_Conv_06i tool pack and got PCM encodings of contained audio tracks but of course I'd like to discover a way to properly demux MADs and only include playable (not re-encoded or trans-coded obviously) streams in my rip.
BTW FFMPEG seems to know such vids and even recognizes audio codec but I haven't been able to demultiplex them... yet. Should we even rely on ffmpeg.exe in such situations, what if its output is going to be unplayble after all? I'll be more than happy if you come up with any solution for demuxing.
SSX (PS3): strangely enough there's not just an SBS bigfile holding multiple SPS tracks, there're also some MUS files which might contain additional BGM, may I ask you to look into them? There're even MPFs in the same folder but maybe they're compressed.
The chronicles of Riddick - Assault on dark Athena (PC): I'd really appreciate it if you edited your BMS a bit so that it works with this variant of XWC. Banks in the game slightly differ from "The darkness 1" counterparts and it doesn't let RENIKRILL's script extract archive contents; ALuigi's BMS works though.
The main difference is that track names are in WAVEINFO file, not STRINGS and that WAVEINFO isn't in plain text. Is it a call for an easy fix or does it require making an entirely new piece of code? I hope the former option is right.
NHL 13 (PS3 & X360): can you please check these videos and tell me if there's any audio inside? VGMToolbox outputs something mysterious (with *.unknown.bin name mask) if I try to demux VP6s.
It's not similar to vids from Need for speed - Undercover or ProStreet, Skate 2 or SSX (2012) when I have playable SNGs with English voiceovers and unplayable BINs with presumably different voiceovers - there're no SNGs whatsoever. If it wasn't EA I'd say that another codec / type of audio container was used there. Anyway there's still possibility that all those *.vp6 contain no sound data.
- by Nicknine at 2:31 AM EDT on July 29, 2018
- @Ultrafighter - fixed them in my branch.
@bnnm - I've looked at sx.exe and from the way it describes and limits the formats, I have a strong suspicion that Atrac3+ can only be encountered in BNK files since sx.exe version from 2004 only supports producing SCHl streams with EA's own codecs. This means that this whole gig with setup_schl_streamfile is likely not needed.
Also, you did not answer my question about NFS games.
edited 2:32 AM EDT July 29, 2018
- by mariofan12ify at 3:18 AM EDT on July 31, 2018
- M&L Dream Team's .rsd files are broken. They used to work fine but I just checked earlier and noticed that they were broken.
- by bnnm at 3:01 PM EDT on July 31, 2018
- @mariofan12ify - Works fine for me.
@Nicknine - Chunked ATRAC3 is for PSP games (as seen in the commit), that need the code for ABK+AST.
NFS Rivals you can find the sets in joshw using the Frostbite SPS code, so those would need to be redone.
@Ultrafighter - BioShock is all silent, even if data looks otherwise.
SSX .mus have SNR+SNS, maybe similar to other .mus (Nicknine can you take a look?)
For any recent-ish EA movies (.vp6/mad/etc) use this bms, should get better results than VGMToolbox: EA SCHl movie demuxer.
It'll only extract the english track in multiaudio movies but you can edit the bms for others. If it doesn't extract anything video shouldn't have audio; it may fail for Saturn movies ATM though (see line 18). Most NHL 13 are empty.
Riddick I'll check later.
- by Anterag at 6:45 PM EDT on August 2, 2018
- Hi bnnm,
A quick question.
I tried converting the .mus from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PS2) (MPEG Layer II) with vgmstream.
The whole MUS archives play fine but I can hear silences between the joined segments.
When I try to convert the MUS files with sx by Dave Mercier instead, there are no silences and I can use a simple joiner to rebuild the full music.
The problem is that SX outputs music with strong buzzing noise in the background, while it's not the case with vgmstream.
I ask you if it's possible to remove the silences contained in those MUS files in order to be able to convert them to WAV and doing an automatic joining process instead of manually adjusting each tracks in Audacity.
Thank you in advance.
Edit: it also does the same thing with Electronic Arts SNS+SNR header Xbox Media Audio 2 from Harry Potter 5 and 6 (Xbox 360).
edited 6:46 PM EDT August 2, 2018
- by Nicknine at 9:29 AM EDT on August 3, 2018
- @Ultrafighter - those MUS files are likely similar to other 7-th gen games, try NFS:UC script.
- by Ultrafighter at 2:07 PM EDT on August 4, 2018
- Hi Nicknine, I tried that BMS before posting here but it didn't extract a single file out of MUS banks, no matter if I chose BE or LE option.
And I've just gotten an update from here but those ABKs from NASCAR 06 still don't play, is it me or your changes simply haven't made it there yet?
Thanks for your movie demuxer Bnnm, finally all the tracks can be acquired from EA vids and I can make some of my rips even more complete! Good thing I backed up those VP6 files from a few titles I mentioned.
- by bnnm at 5:13 PM EDT on August 4, 2018
- latest vgmstream changes (autobuilds (MSVC) / foobar / test+winamp+xmplay (GCC) / bug list)
- Added a missing version number to ABK [NASCAR 06 (Xbox)] (by Nicknine)
- Add Entergram NXA Opus [Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Hou (Switch)] (by bxaimc)
- Add Cricket Audio .cks/ckb [Part Time UFO (Android), Mega Man 1-6 (Android)]
- Add .WV6 IMA [The Fairly OddParents: Breakin' Da Rules (PC)]
- Add FSB5 PCM16BE/VAG/XWMA and improve rare behaviors (from tool tests)
- Fix FSB4 MPEG weird padding bug [Mafia II (PS3)]
- Fix form1 XA bugs [Glint Glitters (PS1), Dance! Dance! Dance! (PS1)]
- Redo Blitz Games STR+WAV [Zapper (GC), Tak (PS2)]
@Anterag - You'd need to upload samples, but I suspect fixing those would be extremely hard due to technical issues.
- by Anterag at 5:30 PM EDT on August 4, 2018
- @bnnm - Thank you so much for adding Zapper GC variation into vgmstream.
Regarding Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PS2) samples, you can find them here: PS2 MUS
For Harry Potter SNS+SNR from the Xbox 360 version, it's here: XBOX 360 SNS+SNR
As I said, *.MUS MPEG-Layer II from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PS2) is supported by the Electronic Arts Sound eXchange by Dave Mercier (SX). Usually, I need to split the whole MUS archive into segments before using sx, but that's not the source of the problem since the resulting MUS play correctly with vgmstream (but with silcnes). SX converts without silences but with annoying buzzing noise in the background.
Maybe you need it? It can be found here: SX
edited 5:31 PM EDT August 4, 2018
edited 5:34 PM EDT August 4, 2018
- by Sir-Sabin at 8:49 AM EDT on August 5, 2018
- I just want you guys to know that Final Fantasy XI - Ultimate Collection [Final Fantasy XI - Vana'diel Collection 2] (2009-11-10)(Square Enix) is broken on the latest version of vgmstream
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.041s;