Previous Page | Next Page
- by Ultrafighter at 10:11 AM EST on January 28, 2017
- Here's some small update on SH:HD Collection Alpha23's PS3 gamerip since a few tiny problems can still be found in it. There're 4 tracks, namely Credit_Surround_Loop.msf, Credit_Surround.msf (HD Collection directory), SH2a_Music_Loop ~ HD Collection Menu Music.msf (Silent hill 2 folder) & SH3a_Music_Loop ~ HD Collection Menu Music.msf (Silent hill 3 subfolder), which play merely gruesome static (or some high pitched noise if not worse) in VGMstream (both versions) and even if you use this script on 'em music in resulting at3s is quite distorted (but at least you can clearly identify audio as a tune and distinguish the melody in it). Can anything be done about the issue? I run into the same trouble when I attempted to make some use out of his rip which was initially posted on FFS forums but back in the day even Alpha's code couldn't fix everything as 5.1 MSF AT3 files were unplayable anyway.
Thanks for any help you can provide, let us all work together on making HCS natively encoded VGM collection even better than it's now! I hope those troublesome tracks I'm talking about will be dealt with eventually with your help.
- by AnonRunzes at 11:11 AM EST on January 28, 2017
- @Ultrafighter - I hate to ask this, but why do you write your posts as if the text is one big paragraph? Do you even read your own posts?
- by Ultrafighter at 2:27 PM EST on January 28, 2017
- Ah, sorry, I'll try my best to write as succinct and understandable as possible, I'm the first person to constantly remember about that issue of mine and try to fight it.
Hey Bnnm, do you know that MC3 was made decodable a year ago? Daemon1 from XeNTaX Forum created a tool for conversion of 3-bit ADPCM to PCM but I guess it'd be way more swell to make that codec playable, right? How about adding it to in_vgmstream? Author of that command line converter is able to give you (or Kode54 since I'm more keen towards foobar2000) source code for that utility so that you can implement format into VGMstream. What do you think about it?
Edit: most MSFs from SH2 aren't playable. 28 or so 6ch files with 342 kbps play normally but 154 (the 5.1 ones with 216 kbps) don't.
Anyone able to figure out the issue? IT'd be fantastic if this problem is solved somehow.
Bye, keep rocking!
PS. Now that I listened through (almost) entire SH3 MSF offering I can confirm all the tracks sound right when played straight from msf containers. It can be applied to 6, 2 or even 1 channel audio files. Some really great work you guys did recently on VGMstream: so many newly implemented codecs all play smoothly & brilliantly!
Cheers once again, goodbye!
edited 11:44 PM EST January 28, 2017
edited 11:46 PM EST January 28, 2017
- by RetroFanatic at 11:47 PM EST on February 4, 2017
- The newest version can play msf files? I'm probably sitting with an older version because winamp won't play it atm.
- by Ultrafighter at 12:36 AM EST on February 5, 2017
- You see, it highly depends on actual contained codec not container format itself since MSF is a container type just like FSB or SoundNodeWave. The only difference is that MSFs are only used on PS3 (maybe this also applies to XVAG) while others can be utilized just on any possible platform. These PlayStation3 exclusive containers typically hold MP3 or AT3 inside them but sometimes it's Sony ADPCM, all those codecs I just mentioned are supported for quite some time now. For example playback of *.msf files with simple PCM WAV in them (Terminator: Salvation for PS3) was possible years ago as well as those MSF files with interleaved ADPCM in them (some tracks from Smash cars for PSN). Probably MSFs containing AT3+ are also playable but I haven't tested samples of these yet. There additionally seems to be a trouble with most "Silent hill 2" 6 channel files coming from SH-HD Collection but I'm sure it'll be solved at some point.
I hope this clears nearly everything you've been wondering about, see you later. Bye!
PS. BTW Huge thanks to whoever finally implemented ATRAC3+ (or better say its AA3 variation) into VGMstream: I seriously thought about reripping "Fist of the North star: Ken`s rage 2" for PS3 just to get initial AT3s instead of AA3s converted with a QuickBMS script by Alpha23 (it was the only way to listen to them back in the day you know) but it's no longer needed because those *.aa3 files are now easily playable via our beloved plugin (so Sony Sound Forge isn't the only option available to us ATM!). Once again big thnx for adding AA3 & xWMA to the list of supported codecs! I've yet to check OMA but it's no big deal if it's still not there (in a list of formats known to the latest vgmstream rendition I mean).
- by bnnm at 4:38 AM EST on February 5, 2017
- Latests vgmstream changes
- Added Omikron: The Nomad Soul IMA .ADP
- Relaxed IDSP loop checks
- Fixed mono .ADS [Gauntlet Dark Legacy (GC/Xbox)]
- Fixed .MSA sample count [Psyvariar (PS2)]
- Added .str extension [Ben 10: Galactic Racing (PSV)]
- Added basic multistream FSB4 support
- Fixed some SGXD
- (dev) Xenoblade 3D DSP .adx cleanup and minor fixes
- Added looping MP4 (.lmp4) [FFV iOS, FFDimensions iOS, Tales of Hearts R iOS]
** needs renaming .mp4 (ToHr) or .bin (FFV/FFD) to .lmp4
- Improved .MSF [Silent Hill HD (PS3), Digi World SP (PS3)]
- Added BIK/BIKa 1/2 [various game movies]
- Added FSB4/5 multichannel ADPCM
- Fixed FSB5 sample rate and channels
- (ffmpeg) Added 6ch joint stereo
@Ultrafighter - SH HD and bink now work (OMA too). Some MSF have a click at the beginning I'll fix later.
@Retrofanatic - it plays all MSF.
@mariofan12ify - XMA loops fine. Many sets around are badly ripped though.
@Kurausukun - vgmstream now should loopsthose IDSPs (channel headers must match).
Note that brstm/hps/etc AFAIK use "custom" headers, so I assume their loop_end is normal ("last nibble decoded").
While IDSPs use "Nintendo" header, created by the official DSP tool, so loop_end needs +1 ("last nibble not yet decoded"); same for any DSP with those headers.
Ben 10: bad rip?
Just Dance 4: remove the first 20 bytes up to RIFF and rename to .sns
Just Dance 2017: DSP? try creating a GENH (see here for help)
- by mariofan12ify at 8:02 AM EST on February 5, 2017
Oh ok. I guess all the .xma games I have just don't loop. Also, do you know what file type Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius has?
- by marcusss at 8:38 AM EST on February 5, 2017
- Thanks for the updates !
Dead or Alive series xma works and loops fine which is great.
Castlevania Harmony of despair xma still don't work so this is an example of a game which music needs a rerip hey since any/all xma should work now right in vgmstream?
edited 8:40 AM EST February 5, 2017
- by Vector Harbor at 8:45 AM EST on February 5, 2017
- I would like to know if someone will be able to add .wem files to it you know the same for the xma files ? Yes i know these are different format... but it for resolving the problem with metal gear rising one in the joshw.info because i failed to convert these in a playable format...I got only 4 music converted and the rest is not u_u
- by mariofan12ify at 9:39 AM EST on February 5, 2017
- I asked about the .xma looping thing because I downloaded Nuts & Bolts' .xma files and they don't loop.
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0421s;