- by MiToGen at 9:30 PM EST on November 23, 2018
- Gran Turismo Sport Version 1.13 rip
Some but not all of the missing tracks were found. Library files with the metadata are included and need to be worked with again similar to what @bnnm posted previously.
- by fakeasd at 3:37 AM EST on November 24, 2018
- i need to rip db final bout music in 320kbps :/
- by bnnm at 8:42 AM EST on November 24, 2018
- @MiToGen - Thanks, I enjoyed the rip quite a lot.
Here are the .sxd1 for the lazy, also tweaked slightly the .lib extractor. Like before you need to use those in GT7SP_sxd1. I think the extra .sxd1 without .sxd2 in PREVIEW_sxd1 are all jingles and such tracks, perhaps they simply didn't make the cut.
- by Knurek at 11:35 AM EST on November 24, 2018
- Does the 1.13 rip above have all the files from previous version?
If not, could someone reup? The original isn't available anymore.
- by MiToGen at 3:05 PM EST on November 24, 2018
- @bnnm Thanks for your work again. Glad you enjoy the rip! I love the original score for GT Sport.
@Knurek Yes, all of the original files are included; the new ones from 1.13 were simply merged in and the 7z was updated.
- by TheNintenguy at 9:14 PM EST on November 24, 2018
- Sly 2 Band of Thieves - This rip is the original VPK files with the header left intact with minor some minor tweaks.
All of the "Sneaking" themes are now mono as intended, this saves ~40MB compared to the other rip when decompressed.
I've used mostly the same tags as FroggestSpirit's rip, so shout out to him.
I left the tracks deinterleaved (tracks with 2+ channels are simply concentrated).
- by Lunar at 12:21 PM EST on December 2, 2018
- 1337haXXor: just wondering if there is any news on Nitoshinden?
- by 1337haXXor at 10:13 PM EST on December 12, 2018
- Sorry for the late response! I submitted it, so I imagine it'll be up soon. Unfortunately, I deleted the tagged version after uploading it. :/ If it doesn't show up soon, I'll re-tag it with another and put it on drive or something.
- by Ultrafighter at 5:50 AM EST on December 16, 2018
- This must be the most complete Kane & Lynch 2 PC gamerip you'll ever find (mirror link) but if you've got the slightest idea about what to expect from this score / soundtrack you know it's not for everyone. Let's have a tour of the package contents:
1) Movies folder contains audio demuxed from Bink videos, it's mostly multiplayer tutorials in 7 different languages. I kept all these *.bik files because there's some atmospheric ambient music in background (well other folks might consider it mere noise or pure ambience).
2) Scenes directory accommodates short level briefings or mission intermissions (also available in many localized versions), I included only the ones with some "real" BGM (like excerpts from a J-pop song or a snippet from traditional Chinese composition).
*.WHD\*.WAV pairs couldn't be extracted so that I simply made a *.txth for those. I would rather not call it a dirty hack or something; it serves its purpose just fine because each WAV is actually a single headerless audio stream.
3) SFX group - this is where it gets much more complicated: I requested a script for extraction of all the remaining *.WHD\*.WAV pairs (storing global map / level sounds) and got a BMS which outputs every single piece of audio in both unplayable WAV or " fake" SS2 forms (details here). The latter files proved to be much more useful - they were useless as-is but at least info about frequency / channels was stored in their SSHD headers; that's why I managed to create a working TXTH for those false *.ss2 tracks and listen to them all.
They were all played back with quite a bit of distortion (heavy rumble I suppose) though... I tested playback with many codecs but results were never perfect & crystal clear: MS_IMA, APPLE_IMA4 or XBOX codec types don't work at all; DVI_IMA & IMA sort of work but distortion is pretty audible.
Anyway nothing in SFX category of my rip is overly important.
4) Streams folder holds Vorbis audio ripped from PC_Def.str using VGMToolbox. This is where you're going to encounter all "real" music as well as lots of atmospheric ambient (music or not, stinger or spooky SFX - here it is). The least I could do was moving all that experimental material & noise music in Bonus subfolder.
A few tracks were apparently reused from K&L1 (PC_Def_0x36065500_000072AC.ogg or PC_Def_0x09932A00_000077B8.ogg are prime examples).
And some more:
1) Splinter Cell 1 (PC) @Mediafire - use DecUbiSndGui.exe to scan *.ss0 files and play / extract them / convert to PCM Wave tracks;
2) Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow (PC) @Mega - the same procedure.
- by Ultrafighter at 11:59 AM EST on December 30, 2018
- Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit (PS3)(2010-11-16)(Criterion)(Electronic Arts)[rerip] - it's basically this but with BGMs sorted into categories & a few new tracks.
Need for Speed - The Run (X360)(2011-11-15)(Black Box)(Electronic Arts)[rerip] - probably redundant now when we've just gotten this variant by Nicknine but my version still has something to be valued (additional tracks like the ones from story cutscenes & movies, as usual they're all available in multiple languages whenever possible).
Need for Speed - Underground 2 (Xbox) [addon] - a bunch of extra stuff besides licensed songs which were ripped eons ago but the main attraction is audio from live-action scenes of course. All the SNG files should work fine although I probably didn't extract & demux VP6 videos the proper way.
Killzone 2 - any rip should be better than no rip at all but surely I'd like to have those streams properly unpacked (perhaps with a custom BMS script) from their respective bigfiles (and there're definitely many track titles / paths somewhere in the middle of these). If anyone's willing to inspect initial audio banks and devise a splitting method then be my guest!
Metal Gear Solid 4 - some redone stuff but with no descriptive track names this time (I'm wondering where did original ripper of this get most filenames...), it's just ArchiveName_#.mta2 for all the tracks. Well at least my WIP variant has fixed movie_00000920.mta2, the song which was sadly abridged in earlier rip.
Current WIP rerip misses most CS streams because the biggest archive is still a hard nut to crack but apparently all music has been correctly reripped. This release has its merits, take my word for it!
Speed Racer (Wii)(2008-05-06)(Sidhe)(Warner Interactive) - supposedly it's a tad bit incomplete since it doesn't have intro composition but it won't be rippable any time soon, this is the reason I'm posting this here & now.
Have fun listening to my goods and give me a shout if you particularly liked anything!
edited 10:13 AM EST December 31, 2018
- by vajuvaju at 1:52 PM EST on December 30, 2018
- Hey @Ultrafighter, you didn't include a link for MGS4.
- by Ultrafighter at 10:09 AM EST on December 31, 2018
- Woah, some people actually read my posts! Anyway here it is (also added link to my previous post).
- by vajuvaju at 6:15 PM EST on December 31, 2018
- Thank you, Ultrafighter! Happy New Year!
- by metroandroid at 8:19 PM EST on January 1, 2019
- Here's an update of the Flyff set on joshw which includes 11 new tracks added from 2010 to 2012, culminating in the "Flyff Gold" update/rebranding in July of 2012. Flyff uses some sick synth samples, and is one of my favorite soundtracks. Flaris, Darkon 2, Start, and the General theme are some of the highlights.
Flyff Gold (2012-07-10)(Gala Lab)
- by Lunar at 11:26 AM EST on January 7, 2019
- 1337haXXor: Looks like it still hasn't appeared :/ unless I missed it and am looking in the wrong places.
- by datschge at 1:12 PM EST on January 7, 2019
- Isn't this it?
- by Lunar at 7:55 AM EST on January 8, 2019
- crap, somehow I blanked that entirely, though admittedly I was expecting it to be linked in this thread. thank you.
- by defcon at 1:20 PM EST on February 1, 2019
by bcass at 4:20 PM EDT on October 31, 2009
Starsky & Hutch [Tim Follin] (FLAC - PS2) (This is a lossless digital rip that I did using the soundtest with a TOSLink to TOSLink cable from PS2 to PC)
Does anyone have this digital rip of Starsky & Hutch?
- by SmartOne at 9:41 PM EST on March 8, 2019
- Tracks from a previously unreleased Lego Island cassette tape:
- by hcs at 1:02 AM EST on March 9, 2019
- Wow, thanks for the link!
- by Ultrafighter at 10:09 AM EDT on March 15, 2019
- Disney's 102 Dalmatians - Puppies to the Rescue (2000-11)(Crystal Dynamics, Prolific)(Disney)[PC] - ripped this one for nostalgia sake, I played this a lot as a kid & remember myself liking some level themes. Rip includes videos which weren't demuxed, all those vids are just logos anyway so that they're not so important.
Hellbender (1996-08-31)(Terminal Reality)(Microsoft)[PC] - same as above, undemuxable movies (this time it's Smacker codec).
- by wmd at 7:23 AM EDT on March 25, 2019
- @defcon - here's the Starsky & Hutch SPDIF rip you requested:
This soundtrack got a vinyl release in 2003. However, track 3 ("Catchup" - side A) on the vinyl is not in the game's sound test (and might not even be on the game disc at all). Tracks 9 & 10 from the sound test are not on the vinyl.
edited 1:17 PM EDT March 25, 2019
- by Night Furious at 11:27 AM EDT on April 11, 2019
- Hi guys. Can anyone help me with this please? This is a voice pack from Resident Evil 6 Xbox 360, xma format. I need to convert them to wav or any other readable audio format. Thx for any help!
- by PrinceSnake at 8:01 AM EDT on April 16, 2019
- Guys could you take a look at these please?
Indigo Prophecy / Fahrenheit Android version
ObsCure I-II The Aftermath PS2 version
Technomage PSX or PC
Kirikou PSX or PC
Azur et Asmar PS2
A Way Out PC
- by Ultrafighter at 4:37 AM EDT on April 23, 2019
- Hi guys, I've got a few new sets:
Dreamfall for Xbox - it's here instead of my usual place because it might be incomplete: a tool made specifically to unpack game archives (PAKExt.exe by Deniz Oezmen, creator of a toolset for Dreamfall) extracts only files with known names & skips the rest.
Maybe all would have gone down smoothly if I had worked with PC version but for now there's just this port of the title.
Mercenaries 2 - World in Flames for PC - it's not perfect but it's probably the only thing we'll have for quite some time. A person from ZenHAX forum managed to divide BGM bank into multiple files (without a TOC? by hand?!) & they all play with a TXTH provided in my rip (only 1 track ends with a few seconds of static) BUT those files weren't split perfectly in every single case - some compositions are obviously concatenated and one will possibly have to decode the longest tracks to PCM then divide them into shorter ones himself.
Just in case anyone's interested - PS2 port is really easy to rip but sadly it doesn't have any APM music; PS3 & X360 versions should have APM tracks but both are as hard to rip (properly) as Windows variant. PS3 uses MP3 though, it means it's a bit easier to rip than Xbox ver.
@PrinceSnake - I actually looked into Fahrenheit for Android but stuck at "unpacking OBB files" phase which is the very 1st one: those looked like bunches of concatenated assets which require some special tools/scripts/utilities instead of 7-zip/Winrar (the first thing someone is going to learn about ripping Android games is that those OBB giants are simply renamed RAR/ZIP archives... unless you're not lucky).
So that's where I stopped because I wasn't really interested to begin with. But you can post cuts of those *.OBB files, maybe even DLLs & other contents of accompanying APK file at sites like XeNTaX or ZenHAX; possibly someone will come up with an unpacking solution. I've got suspicions though: even after unpacking OBBs you'll have to request another piece of code/program needed to extract contents of files which came from OBBs...
As for ObsCure I-II (PS2 versions) I can only recommend you to upload cuts from STRMPACK.HVP archives & post DL links here: Bnnm or Nicknine might make a BMS script to correctly unpack all audio streams stored there. Maybe they'll also provide a TXTH that allows playback of extracted tracks in VGMstream.
@Night Furious - the same, this is the most appropriate place for your samples.
- by Ultrafighter at 6:36 AM EDT on May 28, 2019
- A few updates by me:
1) Shogo - Mobile Armor Division (1998-09-30)(Monolith)[PC]: this rip should be fine & 100% streamed stuff BUT I decided to post it here because I included untouched Smacker movies (dunno if those can be demuxed so that video streams are excluded but audio isn't re-encoded), I even supplied RADTools along with a batch processing file to make converting sound from SMKs to PCM WAVs easier;
2) Hitman – Blood Money (2006-05-30)(Io)(Eidos)[PC]: now there're much more issues with this one - glitches during playback in select few streams or supposedly wrong frequency value in a pair of PCM WAVs but one can get more details from here (the doc is also present in my uploaded archive).
1 thing I forgot to mention there is that most *.wav files have 2 seconds of playlength specified in headers but are actually way longer than that.
Anyway if anyone wants to improve this or that (or what I used for that matter) then he's more than welcome to do it, then possibly provide a better gamerip.
PS. Mirrors for Hitman and Shogo.
- by Koto at 8:32 PM EDT on May 30, 2019
- Could someone please reupload LittleBigPlanet set? I remember it was in the tracker, but is absent from xxx.joshw.info
- by Broula at 12:02 PM EDT on June 6, 2019
I have the Fable II music ripped on my PC since more 9 months now, and I thought I had submitted it to the archive at joshw.info but apparently not, and I can't find the upload page anymore -_-
Can someone post the link ?
- by Broula at 8:37 AM EDT on June 7, 2019
- I found it 8-)
- by Ultrafighter at 8:14 AM EDT on July 4, 2019
- Requiem - Avenging Angel (1999-03-31)(Cyclone Studios)(3DO)[PC] @MEGA or Mediafire - once again frigging Smacker movies :(( .
- by SmartOne at 12:30 AM EDT on July 12, 2019
- Here's the Little Big Planet collection that I've assembled:
It's more listenable than the multi-track and WIP rip someone did.
- by MiToGen at 11:31 PM EDT on August 2, 2019
- A nice little birthday present for me; instead of receiving, I give a little something back to everyone who's uploaded all of this great VGM:
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (2008-04-15)(Polyphony Digital)(SCE)
GT Academy 2012 (2012-05-01)(Polyphony Digital)(SCE)
I won't be hosting these forever on my Mega account but I'll have them up for a while until they're on the VGM server. If there was a way how, I'd upload them myself to the server but there's this thread here so there's that. I've included bgm.lib for anyone who wants to take the time and tag up the tracks.
- by Ultrafighter at 6:00 AM EDT on August 4, 2019
- The place you're looking for is right here.
- by silent_echo at 11:06 AM EDT on August 22, 2019
- Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this, but does anyone know where I could find Prime Blue's rip of Metroid Prime 1 & 2 in lossless? It's been a holy grail of mine that I haven't been able to find for a few years.
- by Bonboon228 at 12:32 PM EDT on August 22, 2019
- I think you're on the Wrong Site.
- by silent_echo at 12:55 PM EDT on August 22, 2019
- Well, I apologize - I've simply been trying to hunt down what was in valiant's (Prime Blue's) post in this thread for years.
edited 1:23 PM EDT August 22, 2019
- by defcon at 11:22 AM EDT on October 7, 2019
Thank you very much for sharing! I waited for reply a few weeks and later forgot about this request. Found your message today using tags in google.
<em>@defcon - here's the Starsky & Hutch SPDIF rip you requested:
This soundtrack got a vinyl release in 2003. However, track 3 ("Catchup" - side A) on the vinyl is not in the game's sound test (and might not even be on the game disc at all). Tracks 9 & 10 from the sound test are not on the vinyl.
edited 1:17 PM EDT March 25, 2019</em>
edited 11:54 AM EDT October 7, 2019
- by KVega at 3:04 PM EDT on April 13, 2020
- Hello people, i wasa wondering if anyone could be able to do a PS1 rip of this game called Elmo's number journey, ive been able to rip the N64 version of the game and im wondering if anyone could give a hand and rip the MIDI/Soundfont of the game? T
- Trolls (Flair) Music Rip by ArtemisZakhary at 7:14 AM EDT on April 14, 2020
- Hello everyone.
Has anyone tried ripping music from PC version of Trolls (1992 by Flair & Capstone)?
I searched for some time and found only Amiga and Commodore64 rips. C64 is close to PC version, but has only 3 tracks, so it is not what I am looking for.
- by Mouser X at 9:18 PM EDT on June 14, 2020
- I downloaded Hatsune Miku - Project DIVA Future Tone (2016-06-23)(Sega AM2, Crypton Future Media)(Sega)[PS4].7z but I can't extract or test the file. It says the system failed to allocate the memory. I don't know why it would say that, since jubeat extra (port of Jubeat plus) (20xx)(Unknown).7z works just fine and is considerably larger (both in size and quantity of files contained in the *.7z file). I get the same error (different wording) in both WinRAR and 7zip, and I updated both of those programs today to make sure they weren't out of date.
I'm on Win 7, 32x (so yes, I have encountered memory limits before, but if that's the problem here, why does the larger file work just fine?). I'd appreciate any help or suggestions please.
- by hcs at 10:29 PM EDT on June 14, 2020
- The Hatsune Miku 7z is compressed with a huge dictionary (1536m), the jubeat one is more reasonable (12m). That might be too much for 32-bit 7-Zip.
It's pretty excessive, I'll recompress it and put it somewhere, watch this space.
- by Mouser X at 11:33 PM EDT on June 14, 2020
- The PC rip (Hatsune Miku - Project DIVA Arcade Future Tone (2013-11-21)(Sega AM2, Crypton Future Media)(Sega)[Sega Nu].7) also failed. Its dictionary size is the same. I mentioned it in Discord, and M&M (apparently they ripped it) says they'll try to recompress and upload it.
My internet is the best it's been in years (aka, I actually have internet at home for once), but it's via my cell carrier, and they only allow 10 GB of hotspotting data. I'm using an app to spoof my hotspot usage, so I'm at least not getting cut off from exceeding my data limit, but it fluctuates wildly, and often gets disconnected (which is still better than no internet, which is what I had before). I can't tell if that's due to the app, due to the connection, or due to my carrier throttling my speed and usage.
I know all that is mostly irrelevant. I only mention it, because it's annoying that I'll have to redownload those two very large files on my connection. Due to Covid-19, my carrier had 2 months with no restrictions, and it was glorious! I downloaded 150+ GB each of those two months (I had 2.5 years of backlogs of downloads I wanted to get). So, all things considered, I really can't complain. I can exercise patience, like I have been for the last 2+ years, and download them again.
To be clear, thanks for all you guys are doing! Even if it's not mentioned very often, it is appreciated. I just no longer have the time I once did, or I'd gladly help. I have considered renaming the new Xenoblade Chronicles DE rip to match the OST, but I'd be surprised if someone else doesn't finish it before I have the chance to. It'd take me weeks to compare and rename everything, with the limited time I have. :(
- by hcs at 12:00 AM EDT on June 15, 2020
- Here's the PS4 one recompressed, it's only 5MB larger. MD5 8085e6a5aef8dfd9b4894f2a425e0a3e.
edited 12:02 AM EDT June 15, 2020
Here's the Arcade one. MD5 3a7c397ba53b20fbe64a8aab22a6df40
edited 3:02 AM EDT June 15, 2020
I uploaded these to the FTP in a dir uploads/repack/.
edited 5:55 PM EDT June 15, 2020
- by Ultrafighter at 5:12 PM EDT on June 25, 2020
- Hi all, I've got 2 fresh goodies to share:
1) Watch Dogs PC rip which must be way more complete & properly done than earlier version, the one made by VladlenCry from FFshrine forum. That guy omitted tons of tracks (most importantly licensed songs) + edited some parts of original score (maybe that change wasn't entirely a bad one, I mean he supposedly stitched 3 or 4 second segments together for convenience sake but still that's not the way to preserve given audio data & of course transcoding was also performed to re-encode resulting tracks).
All in all mine should be absolutely full (not only I kept each & every piece of music I could find, I even included all the whistling/humming sounds just in case) & contain only 1:1 original audio data (I didn't merge any given sounds into longer compositions even if it was painfully obvious that a 1 minute track was split into 15 segments, 4 sec. long each).
I made a few *.txtp files to allow playback of multi-channel licensed songs but you can actually disregard them, it's quite possible that those tracks weren't supposed to be treated as multi-channel streams (you might know it's rather typical for developers to have a few pre-recorded variants of exactly the same song for use in different situations, #1 is loud & crystal clear sounding while #2 is muffled & lo-fi, then #3 isn't too loud but doesn't sound as good as #3... you should get an idea).
Anyone remotely familiar with ripping BGM off newer Ubisoft games probably knows that one can't expect proper descriptive filenames there. Alas, there're merely 2 kinds of track names there: either hexadecimal numbering or hashes (the latter are in capitals while the former are lowercase).
The tools I used are:
a) Gibbed.Disrupt.Unpack.exe by Rick AKA Gibbed;
b) DecUbiSndGui.exe 0.81 by Zench of the XeNTaX forums (forum.xentax.com);
c) VGMToolbox.exe by Snakemeat to get audio data from Bink videos.
2) Killzone HD, PSN version - this one is likely incomplete but a partial rip is way better than nothing. I strongly suspect that those 6 (!) *.snz files aren't all the music used in game but presumably everything else (very likely encoded in MPEG, not PCM as those *.snz) is packed in *.CoreStream or *.Core archives. Those are a such a pain to work with and they're the main reason there're no Killzone 2 or 3 gamerips (proper and final that is).
Anyway you can still get whatever I've got to offer: it includes aforementioned 6 BGMs, SND0.AT3 (also known as icon music) & tracks from pre-rendered scenes (MPEG-encoded, rather low quality sadly).
The tools I used are:
a) make_npdata.exe by Hykem;
b) PSARC plugin 1.4 for Total Commander by BEKETATA;
c) FFMPEG.exe to get audio data from *.avi videos.
Enjoy these treats guys!
- by fastelbja at 1:44 AM EDT on August 8, 2020
Star Ocean - The Last Hope (2009-02-19)(Tri-Ace)(Square Enix)[PS3]
Rip using my own dump and tagged.
- by dkx at 1:36 PM EDT on August 10, 2020
- So since there still is no proper OST I've decided to contribute this one to the community. A while back I did some digging around with the PC version of Valkyria Chronicles 4 because I love Hitoshi Sakimoto's work and managed to find the music files. They are in the CRI HCA format and so work with vgmstream no problem.
Valkyria Chronicles 4 [Senjou no Valkyria 4] (2018-03-21)(SEGA)[PC]
If you liked the soundtracks of the previous entries you for sure will enjoy this one as well!
1) Used CriPakGUI by wmltogether to search through and extract the CPK files
2) Find the music files inside BASE.CPK named M_0001.BIN, M_0002.BIN, etc.
3) Used VGM Toolbox by snakemeat / CRI HCA Extractor to get the files linked above
Hope I did everything correctly, enjoy.
- DJ Hero 2 by Trogdorbad at 11:07 AM EDT on August 14, 2020
- Does anyone have the extracted fsbs for DJ Hero 2? joshw only has DJ Hero 1, and one of the DLCs for 2
- by emongev at 9:10 PM EDT on September 20, 2020
- Has anyone managed to extract the music from HOTD Overkill PC version? Ive been trying but im new at this so ive kinda been all over the place, managed to extract some wav.str files using QuickBMS but i couldnt manage to play them.
- by Ultrafighter at 6:30 AM EDT on September 24, 2020
- Wow there's a PC version of this game? Quite a surprise for me!
Anyway did you use this script? I requested it because blitz_games.bms by Luigi Auriemma was not working with all my audio files while that newer BMS managed to unpack all of them without any errors.
And let me make a wild guess & tell you that wav.str files might be unplayable ATM just 'cause they use some different codec, not 4-bit ADPCM used in PS3 ver.
You'd better post those *.wav.str files either here but in another thread or in #vgm-ripping-help channel @Discord.
On a different note: anyone out here possibly interested in Far Cry 2 PC rip?
Truth be told I made it months ago but haven't shared it yet. I was simply waiting for another gamerip or two to be completed so that I'd be able to make a post with 2-3 different rips, not just a single game.
- by Ultrafighter at 4:12 PM EST on November 30, 2020
- Hi guys, I've got 2 new rips you might be interested in:
1) Alien - Isolation (2014-10-06)(Creative Assembly)(Sega)[PC][rr] - a set made with Alien: Isolation Audio Extractor by MattFiler & VGMToolbox by Snakemeat; the former supplied audio tracks with their proper names as in this rip while the latter demuxed sound data from USM videos.
I guess there's little difference from that aforementioned earlier version but I'll try to list anything that could highlight my fresh rerip:
a) much more tracks from pre-rendered videos this time (adx files), I even kept all the variants with different voiceovers;
b) a few tracks might seem to be missing (for example 81804391.ogg, 120209045.ogg, 1016790723.ogg, etc.) but they weren't missed or left out or anything like that, those tracks were simply given their proper names by MattFiler's tool when reripping this game;
c) a previously unavailable DLC track was added as well as 3 playlists (M3U format) for listener convenience, keep an eye out for "Movies (Eng).M3U" one because it has all crucial video tracks collected in one place (the ones without any VO + the ones with English voices).
2) Far Cry 2 Fortune's Edition (PC ver.) - now this is quite an oldie, I made it months ago & this rip could prove to be a real rarity.
I used DecUbiSndGui-0.81 by Zench to obtain OGGs, Gibbed.Dunia tool pack by Rick (Gibbed) to unpack another archive & obviously VGMToolbox to dump audio tracks from any Bink videos I managed to hunt down.
- by wmd at 4:52 AM EST on December 7, 2020
- Has anyone done the Astro's Playroom soundtrack? I realise this would have to be a recording (preferably digital) as opposed to a rip, but that would be better than the poor quality ones currently on youtube.
edited 5:12 AM EST December 7, 2020
- by Ultrafighter at 2:56 PM EST on January 5, 2021
- A few more rips for anyone potentially interested:
1) Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist [PC] - this thing might be 1 of a kind, Alpha23 ripped the game years ago but with FFShrine down his version is lost. Or did the respective DL link die even before the whole of FFS forums went offline?
Anyway my rip was made using DecUbiSndGui-0.81 by Zench so thanks to him for the tool!
*.bik videos were demuxed with VGMtoolbox by Snakemeat; *.txtp files made by me for convenient playback of multi-channel tracks. The same goes for both *.m3u playlists.
There's a file, SG_MAP_14_AMERICAN_BLOOD_149.ogg in Sounds folder, which might refuse playing on your end but DecUbiSndGui is able to play & decode it. It'd be too much to oblige you to get the program to play or convert a single piece of audio, that's why I included a decoded PCM ver. in my rip (SG_MAP_14_AMERICAN_BLOOD_149.wav obviously).
2) Homefront [PC] - I wanted to rerip this using UModel but for some reason both Windows & Xbox 360 ports use nonstandard *.upk archives that make UModel crash with weird errors. I asked maker of the program if he's able to fix at least Xbox 360 ver. but he said it's supposedly impossible.
That being said, the 2nd iteration of a rip differs little from previous variant: I unpacked those *.upk with Unreal Package Extractor by Gildor (creator of UModel & lots of other Unreal Engine tools) but this time VGMtoolbox was used to get OGG Vorbis files contained in *.SoundNodeWave assets.
That's all for now, goodbye!
- by Tanookirby at 4:19 PM EST on February 19, 2021
- I have noticed on vgm.hcs64.com that the Paper Mario: Color Splash set has a corrupted file. Can anyone provide the fixed version? It has "dryer" in the filename.
- Ripping Tools by JLHack7 at 2:36 PM EDT on June 7, 2021
- I've been using joshw for a while, and I would like to thank everyone who has helped it become what it is today. There are times in my life where I would have gone insane if I didn't have the joshw servers, and SmashCustomMusic.
I'd like to give back to the community that has been such a great help. I see that there's a Genshin Impact PC Rip. What tools were used to rip the files? If I had the sort of tools you guys seem to use to rip VGM, I could post more rips for you guys.
- by Ultrafighter at 6:11 AM EDT on June 15, 2021
- Far Cry 4 [PS3] gamerip - I know there's at least one rip on the Net but mine is likely from an entirely different platform + has much more tracks. Also it goes without saying that I didn't mix any layers, combine longer tracks from given dynamic/interactive audio files (like intro+loop+outro), I mean it's a basic gamerip where everything was left as it initially was (obviously I didn't re-encode given MP3s to another format & such) unless it was absolutely necessary for playback reasons.
The tools I used were Far Cry 3 Unpacker (Gibbed.Dunia2.Unpack.exe to be precise) by Rick (Gibbed) with FC4 filelist & DecUbiSndGui by Zench; the former extracted initial archives (DAT+FAT) while the latter split some given audio files into stereo or mono layers (those weren't otherwise playable).
The tracks playable as they initially were have *.vgmstream extension whereas split layered tracks have *.layer extension (that's default extension DecUbiSndGui assigns to extracted sounds). I added that ".vgmstream" suffix to most files to make them more compatible with VGMstream plugin but it's highly probable that an audio player of your choice will be able to play both *.vgmstream & *.layer tracks without that plugin installed, it's rather common MPEG audio after all.
BUT (!) you'll definitely have to use VGMstream with any *.txtp files, TXTPs mix some layers on fly so that you can get a 3-channel track reconstructed from 3 mono sounds or a quad track consisting of a pair of stereo layers without the need to manually mix said layers in an audio editor.
Oh and you might already know that but Far Cry 4 reuses lots of music from FC3, that recycled stuff mostly resides in "soundbinary" folder but there're tons of reused tracks in "unknown" folder too.
PS. You should possibly disregard any files with "(dupe)" prefix, those are duplicates/copies of some other files (look for "(dupes)" suffix).
- Ripping Tools by JLHack7 at 8:48 PM EDT on June 29, 2021
- What tools would I use to rip music from the DLC content of an android mobile game? Fire Emblem Heroes has a rip and I'd like to update it.
I know how to access the android storage and find the obb of the DLC, but I don't know what tools I'd need to use to open the file (or decrypt it if it's encrypted)
edited 8:50 PM EDT June 29, 2021
- by Ultrafighter at 5:24 PM EDT on April 13, 2022
- Hi guys, I'm back with a totally new gamerip: it's Far Cry: New Dawn for PC. I really liked an OST and was pretty eager to make a rip thus checking out the way that great music sounds in game + probably finding lots of alternate versions / edits of compositions found in an official album.
It's an old-school gamerip with just *.wem files, it's possibly the only way it can be done because lots of audio tracks / banks only have hashes for names.
The tools I used are Far Cry 5 / New Dawn .dat/.fat Unpack / Repack Tool by Rengareng (ZenHAX Forum) & Wwise BKHD soundbanks (.BNK) extractor (a QuickBMS script) by Nicknine & Bnnm.
So here it is (mirror DL link).
I hope someone else will also find this release useful, I can't be the only one who truly liked FC New Dawn music!*
* - BTW my rip should be a nice release where you can find both original & licensed music from the game, all collected in one place!
- by marcoxD95 at 4:45 PM EDT on April 14, 2022
- Nice to see new rips from you Ultrafighter!
Not sure if its the right place to ask but I saw that you made a Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut PC rip once and I couldn't help to notice that sadly the music quality is rather low with MP3 96kbps.
Do you think other versions of the game might have higher audio quality? Like the original non directors cut version for XB360 or the WiiU port?
I was often thinking about trying to make a "Extended Edition" soundtrack of this games music, since sadly it was canceled. But with this low music rip quality its rather lacking. Weirdly enough Deus Ex The Fall from the same time had high quality OGG music.
- by Ultrafighter at 3:02 PM EDT on April 16, 2022
- Thanks for your feedback!
It's sad that devs sometimes use such low quality for audio in their games but obviously that's something I can't really change.
I'm sure I started ripping DEHR for XB360 quite some time ago but stopped it rather soon. First an unpacker by Gibbed kept complaining about wrong archive header so I had to change those 4 bytes in hex editor; then that unpacker apparently stopped after extracting just a piece of multi-part archive. Anyway I found some sounds and even BGMs in that partial output & it seemed like music was encoded using mono (!) XMA codec. It's either that or that MUL demuxer program didn't work as it should have (it's supposedly made for PC version and wasn't tested with console files).
PS. There're some forthcoming rips apart from Far Cry: New Dawn or Dead Rising 2 but they might take quite some time to sort/check/pack 'em.
EDIT: I think you'd better visit HCS channel at Discord and ask some very advanced ripper (Bnnm, Nicknine, Bxaimc, etc.) to try and rip other platforms of DEHR. I mean those guys are so advanced that they don't even need to rely entirely on someone else's scripts/tools/programs; if that MUL_demuxer.exe (or whatever it's called) doesn't work properly they'll be able to make better scripts or tools.
Now that I think of it they might even add that original MUL audio format to VGMstream plugin! That way you can add a single *.MUL file to playlist & you'll basically get all the tracks from a location/map/level.
I hope it helps.
edited 11:59 AM EDT April 17, 2022
- by Ultrafighter at 6:15 AM EDT on May 14, 2022
- Hello guys, I'm really glad to present you yet another great release:
Gamerip of Far Cry 5 for PC (version 1.11) (mirror link).
The whole procedure of making this rip didn't differ much from ripping New Dawn so I'll simply skip this part.
I originally thought that my release is going to contain just music from FC5 but I also found & included numerous tracks from arcade game mode + apparently a few jingles / BGMs from Zombies DLC (it turned out all those extras were stored in FC5 shared or common archives).
I hope you find this gamerip useful and enjoy both original & licensed music from FC5! If anyone's willing to further sort/tag/re-release this stuff (possibly add loops & fadeouts, re-encode these tracks & create some sort of an expanded soundtrack/ fan-made album) then feel free to; it'd be pretty nice to credit me as author of initial raw/streamed/unedited rip though.
PS. I certainly have plans to rip BGM from some FC5 DLCs too but not right now, I definitely need a break after sorting like 36,000+ streamed audio files from main game ...
- NBA Live 19 PS4 by KompanyFlow at 10:51 PM EDT on May 29, 2022
- I don′t know if this is the right place, but could someone rip NBA Live 19 PS4 music? Including ditties and street music?
- Gran Turismo 7 by MiToGen at 2:47 PM EDT on July 8, 2022
- There's software out there that supports unpacking files from Gran Turismo 7. I've ripped out the VGM, seems to be in a similar but different format to GT Sport's.
Here's the sample for anyone who wants to take a crack at it working with VGMstream or whatever:
GT Sport used SXD2 (ATRAC9) with the metadata pulled from the .lib files. I'm thinking GT7 is the same thing, except the extension is different this time around (they are .szd2 files)
- by bnnm at 5:24 PM EDT on July 12, 2022
- To extract the lib use this:
Then put szd1 with szd2, should be playable with latest vgmstream. .szd wokds too but I forgot to include the extension, I'll do it later (rename to szd3 for the time being).
Tags are now in music.dat though, I'll update the script later to extract them. Also a bunch of szd1 don't have szd2, maybe reserved for updates?
- JumpStart Pet Rescue bgm rip by DarkSolidSnake at 7:10 AM EDT on August 21, 2022
- Today, i have ripped the music from JumpStart Pet Rescue for the Wii.
The game uses the Unity Engine. The .pcm files are actually .dsp files. to play the files without the .txth, you rename the .pcm extension of the files to .dsp.
The !extra.7z file is missing so the file is i guess incomplete, when i have plans to update the pack, i will include it there.
Go to the site vgm.hcs64.com and you will see it.
edited 7:11 AM EDT August 21, 2022
- A rip request. by threeblacknoises at 11:30 AM EDT on September 2, 2022
- I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, but I'd like to ask someone to please rip Kingdom Hearts Union Cross/Dark road, now that it's finally finished.
I believe it's for android devices or mobile phones in general.
An old rip from march of last year already exists, but now it can be updated for the last time.
I don't mind cleaning out duplicates and reuploading the set.
- sndz/.szd help by ThatOnePerson at 12:25 AM EDT on September 8, 2022
- I have another two games that use sndz/.szd format.
Both games are on Unity 2019.4.14f1 and use asset bundle
I tried extracting the bundle with various tools but only ever got to extract them in .dat
Tried to rename a file and used current vgmstream builds to do anything with it, tried via winamp and foobar too, but no success.
Start of sndz hex:
Start of bundle hex:
- T&F SAS 3DS Gamerip by DarkSolidSnake at 5:56 PM EDT on September 16, 2022
- Today, i ripped the music from Thomas & Friends Steaming around Sodor. Unfortuanently i forgot the my ripper name at the upload listing. Sorry for inconvenience.
My ripper name is DarkSolidSnake.
- A rip download link please? by threeblacknoises at 7:47 PM EDT on September 16, 2022
- I've been looking at the upload listings for new sets to download.
For several weeks now, new sets of the final mix versions of kingdom hearts 1 and 2 have been on the list by a user named NoWool.
seeing as these sets won't be gotten to for a long while yet, could someone please post links to them so I can check them out?
Normally I'd wait, but it seems that new sets keep getting added to the bottom of the list frequently enough where these kingdom hearts sets might stay on the upload list for quite some time.
Thanks to anyone who can do this.
And also, to whom it might concern, thanks for the kh union cross dark road upload.
It's got almost everything, save for one event track that's probably lost to time now.
I've cleaned out all of the duplicate songs, so if a slightly smaller set might interest people, I have no problem uploading it.
- An update to my rips of 3DS games dev by Torus Games + Scooby Doo rips by DarkSolidSnake at 9:03 PM EST on December 11, 2022
- Today i have an update to my rips of games by Torus Games on the 3DS that used the Squeak engine. I figured out the cause of the issue with the right channel. The problem is that for DSPADPCM, the coef offsets are not configured correctly in the TXTH file. I added a coef_spacing setting with the value set to 0x30. This should reduce the stuttering on the right channel and the songs should play correctly as close to the actual game. The same also applies to Wii games developed by Torus Games that used the Squeak engine as well.
In addition, i have plans to rip the BGM from Scooby Doo games from 2009-2010. Though the PS2 version cannot be ripped because the game stores most of the .raw files inside packfile.dat. The Wii and DS versions store all the .raw files in the sound folder of the game's files. Scooby Doo: First Frights on the PS2/Wii uses the Bink Video technology instead of Mobiclip used in the DS version. The updates are coming soon!
- My first rip made in 2023. by DarkSolidSnake at 10:59 PM EST on January 7, 2023
- Today i have ripped the music from the DSiWare Version of Cut the Rope. i have gotten a mistake. Sorry for that, i mispelled the date as 2011-10-20.
The game actually came out in 2011-09-22. Sorry for the mistake.
- second rip made in 2023 by DarkSolidSnake at 12:11 AM EST on January 19, 2023
- Yesterday i have ripped the music from Cut the Rope Triple Treat. After investigating, i have found that the BGM was already ripped and posted to joshw.info on 2016, so the ripped files that i have packaged needs to be an alt version as well. The name stands for:
Cut the Rope - Triple Treat (2014-03-25)(FUN Labs)(Activision)[3DS][alt]
edited 12:12 AM EST January 19, 2023
- How was the PS5 files extracted? by Puterboy1 at 1:11 AM EST on January 20, 2023
- I see the music for the BIOS and Astro’s Playroom were extracted. Would someone care to tell me how they were extracted and what tools were used?
- New rip in February by DarkSolidSnake at 7:51 PM EST on February 18, 2023
- Prior to February 12, i ripped the music from the Wii version of Barbie Dreamhouse Party. Today i have also ripped the music for two games. Lalaloopsy: Carnival of Friends (NDS) and Pocoyo Racing (Wii).
Note for Lalaloopsy Carnival of Friends rip:
This game uses EngineBlack and i spectified a .txth for .wave files with a name table. i also mispelled the date as 2012-09-25. The correct date is 2012-10-30.
Note for Pocoyo Racing rip:
For this rip, i accidentially made a mistake, i corrected the mistake so a fixed rip was uploaded.
edited 7:59 PM EST February 18, 2023
edited 7:54 AM EST February 19, 2023
edited 7:55 AM EST February 19, 2023
- New rip in February 23. by DarkSolidSnake at 7:24 AM EST on February 23, 2023
- Today i ripped the BGM from Beaterator (PSP). As you may know, Beaterator is a professional-level, portable studio and only has one track. Developed by Rockstar Leeds and published by Rockstar.
Unfortuanently i have made a mistake, i mispelled the date at 2009-10-01, the correct date is 2009-09-29. I hope hcs will correct the mistake.
EDIT: I also forgot to add one more missing track. I hope HCS will accept my apology as well.
edited 4:37 PM EST February 23, 2023
- SF6 CBT Demo (Tagged Rip) Ver. 1.0 - Unknown jingles and BGM tracks by J2023 at 2:46 PM EST on February 28, 2023
- I'm doing a project to tag all of the tracks in Street Fighter 6 (and it's Closed Beta Tests) with their proper in-game names, according to their in-game usage. I've also come across three unknown untagged in-game jingles (which i've tagged as "Unknown Jingle 1", "Unknown Jingle 2" and "Unknown Jingle 3"), and two unknown untagged BGM themes (that i've tagged as "Unknown Theme 1", and "Unknown Theme 2") in my tagged rip. Does anyone know the proper in-game names for these unknown jingles and themes, and their in-game usage so I can re-tag them?
Here's the Link to the rip for those interested.
- New rip on March 5, 2023 by DarkSolidSnake at 2:53 PM EST on March 5, 2023
- Today i ripped the BGM from NDS version of Mind Body Soul Nutrition Matters.
As of the making of this post, the BGM from the Wii version cannot be ripped because the game's files are all stored in a headerless .bin file besides the executable in .elf format.
As i said. I made a mistake. The NDS version was developed by MileStone.
The name should be like this:
Mind. Body. Soul. - Nutrition Matters (2009-05-22)(MileStone)(505)[NDS]
Anyways. I'll try not to make such mistakes again.
- Rayman Origins PS3 rip by DarkSolidSnake at 7:42 PM EDT on March 15, 2023
- Today, i ripped the music from the PS3 version of Rayman Origins.
For this rip, first things first, some of the files are duplicates, second, the demuxed audio from .pam files are headerless PCM data that have been converted to .genh files.
- Rip of PL&TLS by DarkSolidSnake at 2:38 PM EDT on March 20, 2023
- Today, i ripped the BGM from Professor Layton and the Last Specter.
As i said, i made a mistake yet again. The title should be:
Professor Layton and the Last Specter [Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call, Layton-kyouju to Majin no Fue] (2009-11-26)(Level-5)[NDS]
This game uses the Digital Sound Elements sound driver by Procyon Studios. Unfortuanently, not that much is known about this engine due to the rarity of usage on the Nintendo DS. anything else other than streamed music is not rippable. If anybody ripped the sequenced data in dsesf format that someone announced as usual. I will update it. Thank you.
In addition, movie files are separated between Mobiclip .mods format and .sad files.
 (20 hours left)
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software