- Which .app file from the Wii Shop contains the brsar with the BGM sequence data? by Markyparky at 4:06 PM EDT on May 24, 2017
- So using a combination of the tools mentioned in this thread I was able to download .app files for the Mii Channel, extract from them a file called NigaoeSound.brsar, and therefore generate a MIDI and a soundfont for the Mii Channel background music.
I tried to repeat the process for the Wii Shop channel, but I just can't find a brsar/brseq anywhere in the (accessible) .app files. When I open some of them in ArchiveExplorer I get the error "Could not load archive! Given file was not a supported archive format.", and the .app files this happens for will just crash U8Tool.
I saw that a file named 'wwwlib-rvl.lz7' in 00000009.app was relatively large so I thought the what I'm looking might be in there - I converted it to an ARC then extracted that ARC but that just contained files for the internet browser.
Has anyone (other than SiIvaGunner) managed to get sequence+sample data out of the Wii Shop Channel? If so, where did you find it/how did you extract it?
Edit: If it helps, I did a search through the raw data of the files, and found that the contents of 0000005e.app and 0000005f.app (or 00000034.app and 00000035.app for the Korean version) both at one point reference a .brsar file "/arc/sound/iplSound.brsar". 0000005f.app does not contain this file, and 0000005e.app is one of the files that doesn't seem to like extracting.
edited 4:37 PM EDT May 24, 2017
- by Jasper at 3:37 AM EDT on May 27, 2017
- Hi, I did the programming work for SiivaGunner for that rip. The files you want can be found in 00000054.app for the Shop Channel's title ID. Good luck.
- by bxaimc at 10:56 PM EDT on May 28, 2017
- Trial and error friend, that's how everything is accomplished.
- by Mygoshi at 6:13 AM EDT on May 31, 2017
- No WAVS available? Easier for people.
- by Markyparky at 1:17 PM EDT on May 31, 2017
- Thanks Jasper. Got it!
Mygoshi, you can get WAVs with the same tool you use to get soundfonts and midis from Wii application files (VGMtrans). The WAVs contain the same samples used in the soundfont, it's just that the soundfont is more convenient for assigning each instrument from the music to each MIDI track. Plus, if I were using WAVs then I would have to extract each one individually (unless there's an 'extract all' button in VGMtrans that I haven't found)
edited 1:18 PM EDT May 31, 2017
- by Mygoshi at 7:34 AM EDT on June 8, 2017
- yes ok but could you release a tutorial about this ?
- by Markyparky at 2:35 PM EDT on June 26, 2017
- Sorry for the late reply. The short verison is:
1 - Get the 'NUS Downloader' here. Open it and make sure 'Create Decrypted Contents (*.app)' is selected, then choose which channel you want to download from 'Database...'.
2 - Download a U8 extraction tool, for example ArchiveExplorer. When you downloaded a channel with NUS Downloader, a folder will have been created wherever you have the NUS Downloader EXE. This folder will contain a bunch of files from the channel you chose, each with the extension .app. One of these has what you're looking for in them.
3 - Using ArchiveExplorer or any other U8 extraction tool, look through each .app file for any files with the extension .brsar. These contain sounds used by the Wii! Extract them from the .app and copy them to somewhere more easily accessible.
4 - You can open the .brsar files in a specific version of VGMTrans that was made by Jasper. Go to the 'Artifacts' section on this page and click 'Debug_WTL\VGMTrans_WTL.exe' to download it.
5 - Once you have opened the .brsar file in VGMTrans you will see a list of files inside it. Right click on 'BANK_SE' and click 'Save all as WAV'. Do the same for 'BANK_BGM'. You now have all of the WAV files from the Wii channel!
For your first time attempting this I would recommend using the Mii Channel. The Wii Shop is a bit more problematic, at least from my experience. To speed things up for you, the Mii Channel's .brsar file is called NigaoeSound.brsar and is located in the 00000019.app file under /Channel/ScreenAll/Sound/
edited 2:41 PM EDT June 26, 2017
edited 2:42 PM EDT June 26, 2017
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0038s;