- by TheGoldenChild at 2:51 AM EDT on June 29, 2018
- Actually I was doing it wrong this method worked however it did not work for the voice files. Example if you unpack this with fear.bms you will see the voice collections and .snd The files you listed do in fact unpack the wrld tutorial voices as you have shown me but it doesn't unpack the character voices.
It is significantly less GB as I uploaded the wrong one. Your method's worked however it didn't work on the "GlobalVO" sounds located in the language sound files.
- by Ultrafighter at 8:51 AM EDT on June 30, 2018
- Yes I got an "incomplete file" error when I used snd.bms on snd\en\globalvo.snd & extracted files are a bit smaller than initial bank but there's nothing we can do about it. Of course you can always post your SND samples here and wait for Bnnm to tweak his script a bit (if it's BMS that's not working right).
These globalvo.snd files look like placeholders to me though, maybe they're not supposed to contain any actual sounds after all.
To tell the truth I'd be much more concerned about loads of fake WAVs, the ones with *.wav extension but headerless (I'm sure of that); I tried lots of PCM spec combinations but couldn't get anything listenable. Can it be ADPCM or another codec entirely? You'd better ask Bnnm about them too.
- by TheGoldenChild at 11:40 PM EDT on June 30, 2018
- Thank you for your help, I truly appreciate you taking the time to help me with this. It really does mean a lot, hopefully there is a solution to some of the other files but for the most part this kind of worked.
You did your best and that is all that you can do, you made a lot of head room for this task.
Is there anything that you can do to get the WAV's to work or is it truely impossible?
- by Ultrafighter at 6:28 AM EDT on July 1, 2018
- You'd better ask him there, I'm not sure he's ever been in this specific topic so that post there to make sure he notices you. Maybe you shouldn't describe it all in detail in VGMstream thread, you can always leave a link to this topic.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0032s;