Next Page

Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories with VGMTrans not converting correctly by MagastemBR at 2:29 PM EDT on September 17, 2018
Sequence converts fine to midi but the vab is missing samples. The only instrument in the soundfont is a high pitch noise.

I've read another thread here about this and Nisto suggested a solution, which didn't work for me.
I have extracted the VAB with VGMTrans and split it with VGMToolbox. Then I tried to import VAB.vh back into VGMTrans, but it crashes. Any help?

by Nisto at 7:27 PM EDT on September 17, 2018
Can you link to the post you're referring to?
by MagastemBR at 7:40 PM EDT on September 17, 2018
@Nisto Post
by Nisto at 8:16 PM EDT on September 17, 2018
VGMTrans is a little retarded sometimes, but it works. You just gotta help it out a little. If giving it separate files doesn't work, merge them instead into a simple binary file and make sure everything is aligned to a multiple of, say 256 bytes (just to be really sure). I got it working that way.

examples (.bin) and conversions (.mid + .sf2)
by MagastemBR at 8:33 PM EDT on September 17, 2018
It worked! I've wanted to convert this game's tracks for years, and now it's possible. Thanks a lot.
by lohweo at 2:22 PM EST on November 5, 2018
@Nisto I don't quite understand how to combine these files... I really want to work with the soundfonts and the Midi-files but I simply don't understand to get those files working. For example: it is really hard to remake the drum section by ear.

Could you help me?
by Nisto at 5:41 PM EST on November 6, 2018
I'm not aware of any existing tools to solve this for you, so you may have to resort to manual hex editing (unless you can write a script or something), sorry. The problem here is that VGMTrans doesn't properly detect the sample data, so nothing is extracted into the sound font, effectively making it corrupt.

Basically, what you need to do is arrange the different chunks of data so that VGMTrans doesn't get confused. In the Yu-Gi-Oh PSFs, the VAB (PS1 soundbank format) data is split into separate chunks (VH + VB), so you should stitch them together so that the VH data is immediately followed by the respective VB data. The best would probably be to create a new file containing only the VAB and SEQ data stitched together (thus giving VGMTrans less of a headache from driver code or whatever other data that may exist in the PSFs). Also make sure that the start offset of both the VAB data and SEQ data is a multiple of at least 16 (the hexadecimal offset should end with a 0).
by Squaresoft74 at 9:51 PM EST on November 6, 2018
Get this:

Extract archive and run "1-Extract Raw.bat".
It will extract raw .seq, .vh and .vb from "SD_BGM.DAT"

Then run "2-Merge.bat".
It will merge .vh and .vb to .vab files in the "Vab" folder.
by lohweo at 12:27 PM EST on November 7, 2018
Thank you! I got the soundfonts! Somehow the MIDI files of the game crashes FL Studio 20 if I load them into the program... But this should have something to do with the DAW itself..

Thank you anyways!
by icecream at 12:45 PM EST on November 7, 2018
I still get completely incorrectly mapped soundfonts doing this. Maybe I just gotta live with just the sequence...

Next Page
Go to Page 0 1

Search this thread

Show all threads

Reply to this thread:

User Name Tags:

bold: [b]bold[/b]
italics: [i]italics[/i]
emphasis: [em]emphasis[/em]
underline: [u]underline[/u]
small: [small]small[/small]
Link: [url=]Link[/url]


HCS Forum Index
Halley's Comet Software
forum source
Generated in 0.0025s;